Monday, June 24, 2013

Looking, looking, and... More looking!

Happy Sant Jaun´s Day everyone! 

Yeah, today there is another lame excuse to have a holiday here in Spain... haha Just about everything is closed! Yesterday we were contacting people on the street and I was askign people why Spain even had this holiday and nobody even knew... haha But yesterday was crazy! Everyone had a ton of fireworks and they were settign them off a ton! They also were burnign a ton of things in the street, but mom dont worry! :) I am kind of hesitant to tell this story because mom might get nervious, but... well, here it goes! haha Liek the title of my email says, this week we just contacted like crazy! So yesterday we were out contacting in a park and firecrackers were going of like crazy all around us, but we find this family and we begin to talk with them. They were a really great family from Peru. We started teachign him there in the park about the Book of Mormon and how we can become closer to God through the Book of Mormon. Everything was goign great and he showed a ton of interes, I was about to take down his information when all of a sudden, a firecracker comes flying at us, it hits the guy in the chest, lands rigth in the middle of us and then blows up.... Yeah, ruinned the spiritual moment! The guy got super mad and just started to flip on these kids! It was actually kind of funny to watch. Only problem is that we didnt get the info.... We just had to give him our card. I am prayign he shows up to church next week! We will see! But yeah, I am tryign hard to keep my patience lately, sometimes you just get sick of things people do... But it made me think of our Saviour and the things he went through for us. Honestly, he went through much worse and the amazing thing is, he had the power to stop all of it at any moment! 

Alright another funny story! haha

So like I said, lots of contacting this week. So Elder Arce and I were walking back to piso one night after a LONG day! Super tired! And I see this sweet little Family from Ecuador! Parents, 2 kids just beautiful!  And I say Elder.... Lets go, this is the miracle we have been looking for today! The Lord is going to bless us with this family! Like I was 100 percent confident this family was going to accept us and our message! So we stop them and we start talking, all is going well, testifying, great discussion, and then we begin talking about families and how really the message blesses the family! So my companion asks how many are in their family. They say well us and our two kids, and in this moment the little girl comes up and hugs her mom! And Im not going to lie... She looked pregnant.... SO... My companion slips... He says O and I see that one is on the way.... Yeah... She wasnt pregnant... I saw the most beautiful family slowly slip out of my sights... haha After the contact we were laughing so hard! We both felt so bad, but hey I guess it happens... 

So yeah... Thats about tops it for the week! haha We also are visiting tons of members and just doing our best to get to know everyone so we cant start working with the ward. So far the ward loves us and we are tryign hard to keep it that way! Lots of little acts of service, thank you notes, singing it the ward chior, things like that... We have found a lady that comes to church every week but isnt baptized! Miracle! So we are going to go and visit her this week, and we know the Lord has great things in store for us! We just need to keep working hard! 

Sounds liek everything is going well at home! Im tryign hard not to think of you guys and summer! haha Im not goign to lie, I have had some dreams lately about Lake Powell... Not fun! haha But honstly I love it here! Im truly living the life! Love you guys lots! Talk to you next week! 

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment