Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend?


Hey everyone! 

Once again it sounds like everything is well at home! I loved the pictures from Justins farewell! I am positive he did a great job! Dont need to be there to know that! Now go kill it in the field baby! The Snells cabin also sounds like a lot of fun and the picture of the cabin was beautiful! Definately beats the piso I am living in! haha 

Well this week was great! We worked hard and we continue to knock just A TON of doors! haha We did a rough estimate of how many we knocked this week and we think we are up there around 1500 this week... haha We found a couple of people but honestly they have already kind of fallen off the face of the earth. The good news is that there is a good chance that we will have a baptism this Sunday! The mans name is Ivan. I cant remember if I have told you too much about him. He is great and has a great desire to follow Christ The problem is we havent had a ton of time to teach him because he has been working like crazy for the past two weeks. We talked to him on saturday and he said he wants to be baptized so we set a firm date to do it! Im excited! He also has a wife and a daughter. We havent yet had the opportunity to teach his daughter and wife, but the other day we met the wife and she was super nice to us. We are hoping that sometime soon in the future we will have the opportunity to begin to teach them both! 

Also this week we started teaching a women named Karla from Chile. She is great! My companion is also from Chile and I know some things about Chile so it was really fun getting to know her and talking to her! We talked about Completos and candy and all sorts of stuff, then of course the Gospel! haha She is a young mom and has two little boys who are incredible. Unfortunately she is stuggling right now... She just lost her job here and doesnt know exactly what she is going to do. She wants to go back to Chile and work, but she doesnt want to leave here little boys here. We talked about how the gospel can bless her life and how it all starts with baptism. She accepted a baptismal date but unfortuanately didnt come to church this week because her son was sick, so we will have to talk to her again this next week and confirm another date.

Other than that... Lots of knocking and contacting! haha I think I have talked to more people than ever! I have met some crazy people! haha This week I am pretty sure we taught the restoration to a man that was high... It was an interesting expereince! BUT, We were able to talk to the bishop this week which was a huge miracle! It was good to see what he exactly wanted out of us and we are excited to get to work doing things for him! 

Well, thats about it from me... I will be sending all the pictures I have in a package either this week or next week. I will try to get them out soon1 

Love you guys tons! 
Elder J. Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment