Monday, June 3, 2013

A Great Mother's Day


Hey Guys!
 
It was great talking to you guys yesterday! I feel like so much was going on that I didnt even have the chance to wish Mom a Happy Mothers Day! So Mom...
 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! :)
 
I really am so glad that you are my mom and really THE best mom in the world! You have done so much for me and I really am thankfull for every little thing! Even if I dont show it some times... ;) I love you so much! I hope you enjoyed your mothers day!
 
So yeah, yeasterday was fun but also really strange! Everyone is getting so old and so big! STOP CHANGING! haha So a couple things I forgot to mention or couldnt mention because I was in a members house... haha
 
First thing is you asked me about the ward... Ya couldnt really respond to that one... The ward is good but the bishop is a WACK! haha The way he does things is super weird! For example, one guy in the ward has a callign and his calling is to walk around the church and ring a bell when its time to change classes, and if it doesnt get done, the bishop freaks! It is actually kind of entertaining to watch! haha There are also some crazy members in the ward. We had an old man give a talk yesterday (actually the bishops dad) and over the pulpit, he was calling people out and chastizign them for not wearing a skirt to church or for wearing a sweatshirt... Yeah proabably true that they should come a little better dressed to church but not really the place or time to do it... haha The members dont help us too much but we think its because the missionaries before us didnt work too much with the members, so we are trying to improve the member relations. We are doing lots of service for them and trying to set up lots of activities, unfortunately the bishop wont approve any of them and if the bishop doesnt approve them, he refuses to support them which means he wont anounce it in sacrament and wont let us anounce it in any class... Kind of annoying... SO right now we are tryign to figure out a way to have fun with the members but not make the bishop mad... We will figure something out!
 
Next I had a question... How is Brighton Soccer doing?
 
And then one other thing... Sometimes I log into my email and some of my emails from people are already read but I havent ever read them.... Im fine if you want to read my emails, but can I please read them first :) haha
 
Other than that I really dont have much more to say... I told you everything yesterday. We are searching like crazy in a wealthier part of the town right now where all the Spanish people live! Both me and my companion what to find a Spanish Family that can really help the church here in Badalona and we know there is at least one spanish family that is willing to listen to us! We just need to find them! We have litterally been walking up and down the streets in this part of town talking to EVERYONE we pass by! Although its tough, we know we will be blessed. Whether it is with this spanish family or with other people, doesnt matter! We will keep searching!
 
We are also teaching lots of people, but the problem is not too many are progressing... They all have problems with something and we cant get them to chuch! Always a bummer! we are teaching two that are progressign right now. Ivan and Natividad. Ivan is a golden investigator and should get baptized on the 25th of the month. Only problem is he works like crazy this week so we dont know if we will be able to meet with him this week. We might have to push the baptism back a week or two... Natividad is... something else! haha She is so funny and just a die hard christian! She knows the bible really well and we have really good gospel discussions, but she doesnt really seem to understand that God´s authority to baptize was taken and then restored to the earth so she says she doesnt need to be baptized again... We are working with her... Good news is she loves really the Book of Mormon, She loves coming to church, adn she is always praying so she is progressing! haha She also always sings in our visits! She gave us a CD yesterday witha ton of Christian Rock music its awesome! Other than that... We are looking for those who are willing to listen!
 
Well Guys, Love you guys ton! Miss you guys like crazy and you are always in my prayers! 
 
Nick, Good luck in your games this week! Go out and kill it! No regreats! 
 
Ryan, Keep killing it with the ladies! Anyone who says you look like me definately knows what they are talking about! Some people in our family are blessed with good looks, others... arent! haha Loves! 
 
Annie, keep being amazing and winning all your soccer games! Your great! I love hearing about all your games!
 
Love you all tons
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment