Monday, June 17, 2013

Barcelona!!!!!


Ivan's baptism
Youth in Badalona

Hey Everyone! So there isnt much news to report this week... As far as the work goes, it was kinda boring... Like I told you guys last week, Elder Arce and I were both transfered and we are now working in the Barcelona 1 ward. Due to this our week was mostly full of meetings with the bishop and all of the presidencies of the ward. Let me just tell you one thing. THIS WARD IS AMAZING! haha We are having so much fun!

Barcelona 1 hasnt had Elders in their ward for about 5 to 6 years so we are like being praised right now! haha It is pretty fun! Not going to lie! The ward has a ton of young single adults and a ton of youth as well so we have been working with them all week! It is incredible! We donty really know our area so we were calling around to see if we could meet with someone or if someone could help us out a bit, and with in like 5 to 10 minutes like 5 young men were ready to come contacting with us! haha Never in my life have I seen this! 

So anyway, our week was filled with member visits and meetings and when we werent in either of those we were hitting the streets hard in Barcelona! You never would guess what I ran into contacting this week... We were just walking around because obviously we have no idea where we are going, when all of a sudden we turned the corner and BOOM! Sagrada Familia!!!! haha Its huge! And literally it is right in the middle of my area! haha I literally was just thinking about it how blessed I really am! I am serving in BARCELONA, Spain! haha Its crazy! 

So thats about my week went... This week we are planning on just continuing to get to know as many members as we can. We figure that the ward is super excited to have us here and we need to use that excitement while we can. hopefully we can get some references out of them and find some people on our own as well. Lots of prayer and fasting! Although we are working like crazy, honestly I am having the most fun I have ever had! Barcelona is great! The mission is great! Life is great! What else could you ask for right?? 

Well, last thing. I guess yesterday was fathers day.... Happy Fathers Day Pops! :) Thanks for everything you have done for me throughout the years! I honestly can say that I dont think I would be here if it wasnt for your great example and your great friendship! Thanks for everything you did, continue to do, and I know you will do in the future. Love you! 

Well, I love you all! Have a great week! 

Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment