Monday, June 3, 2013

Great Conference Week


Good Morning Everyone!
 
Hey everybody! Hope everything is going well! Time absolutely flies! Cant believe I talked to you guys over a week ago! Sooner than we all know it we will be talking again! haha Nick, sorry to hear about the loss... Keep your head up. Thats all you can do until next year comes around! There is always room to get better! Dad, thanks for the package! I got everything! Popcorn is always great and of course the Oreos are didnt hurt either! We already ate all of them haha! Oreas and Milk, its just something you cant turn down!
 
This week was an average week in the mission... We still continue searching and I think I knocked about half of Barcelona this week! haha Not too much success! Im not worried though, I know there is someone behing one of those doors!
 
This week I was able to go to a pueblo called Vic for an intercambio! I worked with Elder Roney! He is such a stud! I met him before the mission. A girl in my ward at BYU introduced us and we went and hung out at his house one night! It was a lot of fun! haha Vic is  a very small city in the North, but it is beautiful there! It is very close to the border between Spain and France, so everything is very green and very wet. it rained the whole time I was there, but we had a lot of fun! We saw a lot of miracles! There we also knocked a lot of doors, but we found two incredible families while knocking! I am hoping that Elder Roney can start teaching them and help learn the Gospel.
 
This week we also had a conference with all the missionaries in Barcelona and Hospitalet! it was a lot of fun and it was incredible! I learned so much and I cant wait to apply what I learned int he conference to our work this week! There is always something special in mission conferences that I cant rely describe. The spirit is so strong, and I always seem to recieve so much personal revelation! I love them.
 
So Elder Arce and I are going to try to start working more with the members here in Badalona. It will be tough but we both feel it is something very necesary for the area. We have been trying our best to look for the little opportunities to serve the ward members and the bishopric. The only problem is the bishop really wants nothing to do with us, so it is a little frustrating. We talked to him yesterday to see if we could visit with him for 10 to 15 minutes this week and he kind of just blew us off... We dont really know where to start because we dont really recieve support from him. We are still looking for a solution. Any advice? I would love to hear it!
 
Other than that, everything is good! I dont really have much else to report for this week! We are having fun and working hard... What else can you ask for! :) Today is a fiesta in Spain... (Know one  knows why! haha) Just an excuss not to work! haha So everything is closed, but we are headed in to Barcelona to play a bunch of sports with the whole Zone and a bunch of youth who dont have school! It will be really fun! I will try to put all the photos I have on this USB and send it to you guys as soon as I can! Love you all tons!
 
Elder James Carrigan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment