Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mes de Mil


Hey Fam,

Sounds like summer is a blast at home but also super crazy! I just have to tell you one thing... The mission is ten times better! :) haha This week was super crazy, so much fun, and full of miracles! 

Im not sure if I told you guys, but at the begining of the month, the leadership council made a goal to find 1000 new investigators in the month of June. Usually we find around 750 to 800 a month so it was a pretty solid goal. Well coming into this past week we were a little short, we had found about 800, and we werent sure if we were going to make it, but... We did it!!! It was absolutely incredible! it was so awesome to see the missionaries so excited and working so hard to find these new investigators! It was a lot of fun as well! We were always on the phone like, How many you got, lets go, we need more! But honestly it was one of the greatest miracles I have seen on my mission so far! We have been praying at 10:00 everyday to find the 1000 and my testimony of prayer has grown so much! I know the Lord listens to us and wants to bless us in every way possible! 

This week we also had a huge miracle happen! Earlier this week we recieved a reference from the Elders in Badalona. They said that when they were in the metro a girl came up to them and told them that she ahad already listened to the missionaries and had been to church, and she wanted to start listening to them again! SO we contacted her and she told us that she would come to church. Well we went and picked her up for church on Sunday adn she came! After church we had a lesson with her and we asked her about her past experience with the missionaries. She told us that she listened when she was young but started not believing in God, and that now she relizes that she needs god in her life and really wants God in her life and that the only way she can have God in her life is if she comes to church and is baptized! Well, Elder Arce and I were like well... We help people with that... Can we help you prepare to be baptized? And she was like well yeah! haha So she is getting baptized on the 20th of July! We are super excited! Her name is Nicole! She 15 and her parents are Less Active so we are excited to work with them as well! She also told us that she has a friend who wants to come to church as well! Honestly she is so ready! It was a huge miralce! 

We also had the opportunity to watch the special conference on missionary work! It was incredible!!!! The spirit was so strong and wow the videos! It made just want to go baptize someone! haha I dont know, there is just such a better way for us all to do missionary work and I loved the way they all explained it! Sharign the gospel can be so simple, we jsut need to look for the easy ways we can share it everyday! I honestly have such a desire to share the gospel here with the people of Spain, but I also all of a sudden just have a huge desire to get home and share the gospel with all of my friends. And I guess its just that... Before I understood the gospel and I knew it blessed my life, but here in the mission, I havent only seen it bless lives, but I have seen it change lives, and I always think of peopel at home that need the gospel in their lives! For now, I think I will stay here, but I think I now really understand the importance of the gospel. I love this gospel and I love my savior! 

Last but not least, I got a haircut.... Unfortunately I made the mistake of letter the Elders I live with cut my hair... yeah, I ended up just buzzing it... haha it was bad! But hey, just another good ole mission experience! haha Luckily I dont look half bad with a buzz so president wasnt mad with me, but I thought I was going to get a ton of crap from all the elders in our meeting today but once again I lucked out and no one said anything! Thats another great miracle for the week! 

Well Gents. I love you all! I know this is Gods work! And last of all the church is true and God loves you! Have a great week! 

Loves! 
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment