Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Transfer Surprise!

Wow these weeks just fly by! haha


Sounds like life at home is crazy! Kinda glad im not there! haha Really I am loving the mission life right now, and this week we had a blast! haha Details to come, but first let me hit you up with a transfer update! 

So Saturday night, Elder Arce and I were finishing up a visit when we recieved a call from President Pace. Niether of were expecting to get transfered so we were a little suprised haha. Well, I answered the phone and the first thing President says to me is, Elder Carrigan, I have a surprise for you... We will be moving you and Elder Arce to Barcelona 1 and putting other missionaries in Badalona... So let me explain exactly what this means. Elder Arce and I will still be companions and will still be the ZLs, but we are going to be opening the area of Barcelona 1 together. Right now there are only Hermanas in the ward and finally President is putting Elders there! We are super excited! Barcelona 1 is an amazing ward! They meet in the stake center in Barcelona, which is huge! The ward is giant and there are TONS of youth! I was talking to the hermanas there the other day and they say that the ward is really excited to finally have elders in the ward and that she is positive that the work is going to boom when we get there! I sure hope so! we are so excited! Like lets be honest, I have the chance to work in Barcelona Barcelona! Like the real deal! So yeah... Thats transfers for you! haha It is pretty crazy though! President opened a ton of areas this transfer and more than half the mission is in the training program right now! Its insane! The mission is so young but the mission is seeing so many miracles! 

Mom, I loved that the youth in the ward are going to work with the missionaries! I wish I could have worked with them before my mission! I feel like I am finally getting the hang of things and I am already a year into the mission! I wish I would have known things that I know now when I started my mission! I think the youth will have a lot of fun and more importantly, I think you should try it as well! Go proselyting with the sisters! haha The youth will love it! And more than anything, show them that it is fun! There going to get rejected like crazy but if they see you are having fun, they too will have fun! Its the same with the new missionaries, they all think that contacting is lame, hard, boring, etc. until they see they older missionaries having a blast doing it. Then they too have fun! we get to pick up some new missionaries today and I am super excited! New missionaries are the best! But anyway, Nick I know you are busy this summer, but if you have some time, find the mission office and tell them you want to go on splits with the missionaries for the day! It will give you a little bit of insight on what the mission is really like! You could go with one missionary and dad could go with the other! haha I highly recommend it! 

On Sunday we had an activity with the youth here in Badalona. They all came and we did splits with them and sent them out contacting. They all kind of got a view of what is was like... There was one girl who is absolutely crazy! She is the type of girl who doesnt take a lot of crap, but it was hilarious! She would get rejected and she would like follow the person and say things like "Hey, show a little respect!" or " Hey, we arent jehovas whitnesses! Call me a JW one more time and I will hit you!" haha We had to teach her that she couldnt really say those things but I couldnt help just laughing! Anyway, it was great! 

So anyway, on to the highlight of the week. This week, like normal, we knocked a lot of doors! haha but we also had the opportunity to go to Mataro. It is a city just up the coast. It is one of the areas that president it opening so we had to go up there and make sure that the area was split, that they had a good piso, area book, all that stuff... But anyway, as Elder Arce and I were walking back to the train station I had a really strong impression that we needed to stay for the morning and do some proselyting there. So he was like alright lets do it! Right as he said yes, I kid you not. DOWNPOUR! It started raining SO hard! The streets were flooding! haha But do you think that stopped us? Heck no! haha It was so fun! We were running from door to door soaking wet! It looked like we had just gotten out of the shower. haha Everyone was like what are these kids doing! We knocked this one door, and the guy opened, we asked him if we could share a message and he slammed the door in our face, we turned around and were about to run to the other side of the street when the man opened the door again. He said, Look I dont want ot hear any message, but if you want to stand in here, because its raining super hard,  you are welcome to. We just smiled, thanked him and said dont worry about it, then ran to the next door! haha Honestly it was the most fun I have ever had knocking doors! 

Well, thats about it for the week... Next week I will let you know how Barcelona 1 is! Justin, good luck my man! I know you are going to kill it! Just go baptize all those bangkokian people! haha Julie and Bran, congrats on the little Chinese girl! :) Love you all!

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment