Monday, August 27, 2012

A VERY slow week...


Hey everybody once again!

So I think this week is my first week in the mission where everyday just went by SUPER slow! ha ha. Things have been a little frustrating since Elder Keyes left. With me being the only english speaker here, we have been trying to figure out who is going to teach all the Africans in the other elder´s area... They desided that a member who speaks english can go and translate with them... I dont really like the idea just because I think it would be harder to feel the spirit if someone is teaching and one has to translate... I dont know we will see, I dont like it but I have no say so if it what the Lord wants then it will stay the same, if its not then I am sure he will find a way to change it...

Also with Elder Keyes leaving, I had to finish teaching one of his investigators from Ghana... He had a baptismal date for this past Saturday, but when I started teaching him I knew there was something sketchy about him... I dont know it was weird. He kept saying I have no food to eat, I am going to Malaga in 2 weeks and my brother is going to help me there but I dont have food for 2 weeks! And other wierd stuff, but he is 18 years old so I was like alright we can help you out. All the elders in the Piso pitched in 1 euro and we bought him like pasta and rice, things that will last awhile. (This was Friday) He passed his baptismal interview and I was like alright I guess he really wants to be baptized. His baptism was scheduled for Saturday at 6. So anyway, I recieved a call from him Friday night while we were planning and he says, He my brother from Malaga called and he baught me a ticket for a train tomorrow at 4 so can we do the baptism next week? I told him that we would change his baptism to the morning and he agreed... Im back to a little sketched at this point. Saturday mornign I called him to remind him to bring some things... Phone is off! Ya alright, he isnt coming! SO we went all the way to his house to see if we could find him. The adress he gave us isnt his house... Ya I felt really dumb, but what are you going to do! We teach a lot of people who I feel like they only listen to us because they need help from the church... Its sad! But at the same time I cant judge them and not teach them the gospel... They need the gospel just as much as everyone else, but its frustrating!

Other than that, we are teaching 3 new investigators...

Katy and her mom from Peru. They are great, we gave them both Books of Mormon and a chapter to read and Katy came back, had read the chapter wqe assigned and then 1 Nephi 1-10. Katy has accepted a baptismal date and I am sure her mom will soon follow... He mom is a little behind because she cant come to all the lessons, she has to work! But if Katy gets baptized, I think her mom will as well!

Also Victor! He is from Nigeria and is a friend of Ernests... He doesnt know much about God or anything about the gospel and has problems with Smoking, Drinking, and Womanizing (As he calls it) BUT he knows he needs to change and is willing to keep comitments! Its amazing! Today we are also having two lessons with a refference and a street contact so pray for us that they go well!

Other than that, all is well... Sorry its short! I wrote a lot of small emails today! And a long one to president! Love you all and I hope everything is amazign at home! I cant believe school started this week! The summer went by way two fast!

O and last week you asked me about my favorite food I have eaten so far... I attached a photo! The best in the Spain Barcelona Mission! The picture doesnt do justice, but depending on the day, sometimes the onlything you swallow is pure chocolate!

Love you all!

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment