Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to the CCM




Hey everyone! So this week was an interesting week for sure! 


Monday we had a conference with President, It was great!

Tuesday P-Day, I went to San Sebastan with some other Elders! It was an absolute blast and the city is absolutely beautiful! It is right on the coast, so although I didnt get to go to the beach, we hiked up this mountain that gives you an awesome view of the whole city and of the coast! It was amazing! There is a huge statue of Christ at the very top, kind of like in Brazil, and the smell of the ocean! O man! That killed me! It was all around just amazing! I attached some photos of the trip!

Then Wednesday my companion and I went to Madrid to pick up my residence card! Our train left early in the morning and it is a 5 1/2 hour train ride! When we arrived in Madrid we got on the Metro and spent an hour on the Metro. We then proceeded to walk to the government building to pick up my card. Ya we got lost... So we walked and walked and walked some more and finally found the place, but we were 10 minutes late! The place closed at 2 for Siesta, we got there at 210. So stupid! I hate siesta! haha it is the most poitless thing in the world! So we had to wait until 4 to pick up my card... By the time I got it there was no possible way we could make our train back to Vitoria so we had to stay the night in the CCM. It was kind of annoying because we had to change some of our important visits for the week but at the same time it was kind of fun to go back and see everyone there and see the new Elders that are coming to Barcelona next week! It is amazing to see how much spanish and how much more about the gospel I have learned since leaving the MTC! ha ha They are in for a big suprise :)

So Thursday we were able to attend the temple with all the Elders in the CCM. It was nice to be back in the temple. I feel like it has been the first time in 6 weeks where I could just take a minute and relax and not have to worry about anything... Only for just a minute though! :) Then we hopped back on a train and got right back to work!

From here I cant remember what day is what, but we had another visit with Ernest. He is incredible! I havent had to teach him anything! He puts words in my mouth! I start talking about one thing and he finishes it! He attended church on Sunday so he will be getting baptized this Saturday! Im stoked! My first baptizm! Its pretty crazy and I dont really know how to explain it! I will make sure to send photos next week of the baptism! O I forgot to mention, We are pretty sure that Presidente Pace, The Area President, and one of the 70 will be at our baptism... Ya, I dont baptize a lot, but when I do. ITS KINDA A BIG DEAL! haha no I am kidding! It just so happens that they are goign to be here! Kind of exciting though! 

So Dad´s package came today... It also came with a note from the US Postal Service that basically said, Sorry, its sucks to suck, but your package was damaged on the way.. It obviously got really wet because when I opened it up, everything was moldy and it smelt REALLY bad! I couldnt read any of the letters! I tried to look through some of them and all I could make out was what I think was a picture of Selena Gomez... I couldnt tell ha ha. I cleaned everything off. It should be fine! I put on of the Milks in the fridge, We will see if it is any better! It is really similar to what they drink here! We will see!

Well thats it from this week! It was great hearing from everybody! I love you all and I will talk to you guys next week!

Love

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment