Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Day in San Sabastan

Hey everyone!

So today is going to be a short letter! I am up in San Sabastan today with some other Elders! We decided to come up here and check it out! It is beautiful!!!! I am excited to get out and see more of the city!

I am glad you guys got my package! There are a ton of pictures and videos I will love explaining to you guys in two years haha! Lots of good memories as well! The Elder snoring isnt my companion, His name is Elder Olya. He is in the other companionship that lives with us! We live down the stairs and around the corner, and yet, you can still hear him without my ear plugs! ha ha it is terrible!!!! Anyway, if you have any more questions about the pictures or videos let me know and maybe I can answer them!

So the work this week in Vitoria was pretty slow... There is another week long Basque party this week that has been insaine! Basque Country is abslolutely crazy! This people just party all night, crash during the day, then do the same thing the next day! The name of the party is Celedon! Look it up on Youtube! Crazy! Find a video where everyone is in one big town square and they are all wearing orange! The square they are in is one minute from my house... So anyway, there has been a lot of staying in piso and studying going on this week! haha

So my fetcha, Earnest, continues to progress. He came to church this last week which is always a good thing. I think he was kind of bored though which sucks! He doesnt speak a lot of spanish and all the meetings are in spanish so what do you do.... plus, a lot of the english speaking members werent there this week. It was a bummer because we really wanted him to meet them... O well, we will see. I havent had the chance to talk to him yet because we had a conference with president yesterday, P day today, and then I am going to Madrid tomorrow to pick up my residency card! So I will have to talk to him on Thursday. I am a little nervous! I am praying hard! haha

This week we also got another fetcha! Her name is Precious. She is from Nigeria as well. Same type of situation. Doesnt speak spanish so I teach her in English by myself! It is fun though! She is planning to be baptized two weeks after Earnest! It would be awesome to see both of them get baptized! I am praying real hard!

So I hope Grandpa is ok.... Scary situation! It sounds from the emails that he is doing better, which makes me feel good. I will pray for him too! I guess my prayers will just be 30 minutes long every night! haha Its crazy, I have never prayed like this in my life and it is an amazign experience! I have definitely learned how to pray correctly on my mission! Its totally different!

Well, dad thanks for the responses to all my questions! loved all the answers! I am looking forward to the package this week! Hopefullym the USA pulls through and beats China in the medal count! Keep me posted!

I love you all! Sorry its so short this week! I will talk to you all next week

Much Love!

Elder Carrigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment