Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Brotha!

Good Morning Family!!!

First off, A huge shout out to my boy Ry Guy! Turning 14 this week! That is crazy! I saw the picture dad sent me and you are taller than nick now! From the looks of the picture you might even be taller than me! That is absolutely crazy! I was just thinking by the time I will be getting back, you will be learning how to drive! haha DONT DRIVE MY CAR!  haha no es una broma! Crazy! Well anyway, I hope it is a good one! Go buy something nice for yourself from me with Mom and Dads money! haha Love ya bud!

So this week as been really good! Lots of work and then again not alot of work! Katy continues to progess towards her baptismal date for this Saturday! She is great and really prepared! Unfortunately, her mom has been busy working and hasnt been able to come to our lessons for the past week. Despite this, Katy still has a strong desire to be baptised and we are hoping that with her baptism, her mom will also see the importance of baptism as well! Please keep them in your prayers!

The other elders have been teachign Victor and as far as I know he is doing well... I dont know how much he understands or if he knows what is going on, but he came to church yesterday so I think he is progressing haha!

Ernest, is the man! haha Honestly he was a blessing placed in my hands! he started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning the other week and has read quite a bit! He also asked me how he can get a copy of Preach My Gospel and other books of the church! Amazing! O! haha and he also accepted his first calling as a nursery teacher! haha I have no Idea why the President of the Rama decided to assign the biggest guy in the branch to the nursery, but we will see how it goes! haha

Elder Rios and I decided to focus a lot on contacting this week. A lot of our visits have fallen through this past week due to just flaky investigators... So we went on our search. The Lord blessed us. Yesterday we had our first lesson with a family of 7. It was great. the whole family are all part of different religions and the mom really wants to go to a church with the entire family. We explained what we do as missionaries and presented the Book of Mormon and they seemed pretty interested. The funny part is we called the house before we came and the dad found out we were coming so he left in a hurry. In the visit we asked when we could come again and the mom set a date with us and said dont call before you come. I dont want my husband runnign off again. You need to be sneaky. haha She is a HOOT. It is great. I am excited to start teaching them. We have our second lesson with them tomorrow. Please keep them in your prayers as well.

Mom, I dont think I need anything else. Just the CDs and maybe some more Peanut Butter haha. I will work on what you asked for this week and then send it off to you next Monday! What kind of picture are you looking for though? Please give me a little more info on this... In a Suit? Just of me? Companions? Members? Please tell!

Well thats it from Spain this week... I love you all! I will talk to you guys next week!

Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment