Friday, August 3, 2012

Peruvian Milk...

Hey Guys,
This week was an awesome week in Vitoria! I continue to see miracles everyday!
So for the past 2 weeks I have been teaching a man named Earnest. He is from Nigeria and doesnt speak a lot of Spanish, so he prefers to listen to the lessons in English. Becuase my companion doesnt speak English, I teach him, while my companion sits of to the side! haha Well this past week we asked him to be baptized and he accepted! So I officailly have my first fetcha! August 11th!  Unfortunately, it doesnt really mean a lot because the future is hard to predict! He didnt coem to church yesterday, so we already have to move it back a week, but if all goes well. He should be getting baptized soon! He is a solid investigator! We met him contacting in the street. he is a man with a strong Christian back ground. He loves the Bible and asks me a lot of questions about the Bible! I cant always tell him the answer, but he just tells me not to worry about it, because there are a lot of things in the Bible he doesnt understand either! He also loves reading the Book of Mormon! He reads it all the time! The first tiem we gave him a chapter to read before our next lesson, he turned to me and said, Can we read it right now? ha ha it was awesome! He is just a solid investigator and a solid guy! I love it! The only problem he has is with the Word of Wisdom... Im a little scared for that lesson, but I know with a lot of prayer and faith, he will understand!
So this week in Vitotria has also been crazy in other ways! Tuesday was a Basque Holiday so everything was closed and everyone just partied all day! Because of this my package might be a couple days behind! But, Everyone was wearing traditional Basque clothing (Kind of looks like Pioneer´s clothing) and the just played music in the streets, sang, danced, it was crazy! I took some photos and videos... The street we live on is one of the main streets of Vitoria, so we got to watch the whole thing! Around 11, everyoen cleared out of our street exept for a couple people who were passed out on the benches! haha It was hilarious! We watched from our window as this drunk guy tried to wake his passed out friend up! haha I dont think I have ever seen a funnier scene in my life! Great intertainment!
There also was a giant Triatholon in Vitoria this weekend, so the city was full of people from all over the world! This weekend I talked to people from South Africa, Japan, Canada, The USA!, and other places! It was really cool! We stopped and watched the race for about 5 to 10 minutes, and everytime a runner from the United States ran by I chanted USA! USA! USA! Everytime the runner just got a huge smile on there face! It was great to show some American pride! I love it!
Also this week we meet with a member named Maria from Peru! She is a recent convert so we were just checking up on her! Shwe was nice and offered to give us something to eat! Now, so far I can eat everything that has been given me, but I CANNOT drink the milk from Spain. It is so different and doesnt come close to tasting like milk from the states! Well, she gave us some fruit, and of course Milk... Now, this milk was special Peruvian Milk she had prepared from Spanish Milk! At this point I am thinking O great this isnt going to go well! So,  I have been taught there are a couple ways you can get out of eating food that is given to you... One, You can say that you are fasting. Or two (LAST RESORT) You can say that you are allergic. Well, She brought the fruit out first and I had already eaten a couple pieces before she brought out the Milk. So there goes option one! So I could have pulled option two, but my companion really is allergic to Milk so he already took the excuse! As soon as he said it, I knew I had to take one for the team! It was so close to coming up it wasnt event funny! As soon as I finished, I gave the signal of its an emergency and time to go to my comp (touch your ear, touch your nose, touch your chin) and we got out real quick! O man it was bad! Luckily I was able to hold it down, but it was definitely an experience I will never forget nor ever want to go through again! haha but unfortinately, I  am sure it will... And if Doug or Derek is able to drink that stuff! Wow! I have respect for them!
Well, thats it for this week! I love you all and I love hearing from you guys! Thanks for everything you do for me!
Love,
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment