Friday, August 3, 2012

Crazy Week (Happy 24th?)

Hey everyone!
 
This week has been absolutely CRAZY! So much going on! I always have so much to say and such little time!
 
So first off, Dad yes I have gotten everything you have sent! Thanks for the articles and for the package! I am pretty sure all that food will feed me for the full 12 weeks I am in Vitoria! And that Peanut Butter! Golden! I dont know what it is, I wasnt even that big of a fan back at home, but here it tastes like candy! Thank you!
 
So the reason I didnt email yesterday was because we had to go to Logroño to do interviews with President! Its a 2 hour bus ride there and a two hour bus ride back so President decided to make today our P day... President Pace is the man! There are no other words to describe him then just a stud! I am so glad we had the opportunity to meet him before my mission. I feel like we have more of a friend relationship than a mission president to missionary relationship! Its awersome! I love it!
 
So also earlier this week I was in Lagroño on splits with the DL. His name is Elder Knudsen and he is also from Sandy! He went to Alta for High School, but went to Albion for middle school! We had an absolute blast! He is going home next month and is pretty excited haha. He wanted me to tell him about everything about home! We talked about this and that and everything we could think of! It was nice to have an english speaking companion just to ¨talk¨ to in the streets and in the Piso. It was a good break from the spanish! Lagroño is also amazing! The Members are amazing! I am so impressed with the members of spain! There arent many, but there love for the gospel is amazing! We almost always have a member at every visit because they are always willing to help out! I love it!
 
So some sad news this week as well... Before I got here the Elders were teaching a lady named Maria. When they taught her the first vision she said she had seen the whole thing before in a dream and already knew it was true! Pretty Crazy! Anyway, she had a baptismal date but she wouldnt come to church so we couldnt baptize her. She also wouldnt let us come visit her, she was really timid and wanted to meet with us in the park. So we knew something was up! When we finally had the chance to talk to her, she told us the that 1 she has no money! She is living in Pisos run by the Catholic church. The nuns saw us going to teach her and they told her that if she continues to take lessons from us or attend church with us, that they wouldnt let her live there and would stop giving her money to feed her little girl... Rough! I know! So we dont know what to do! We still need to talk to the Branch President and see what he says!
 
Well its time to run! Sorry its short! I have been trying to figure all these pictures out!
 
Love you all and I will talk to you all next week!
 
Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment