Monday, October 29, 2012

Little By Little


Hey Everyone!

Little by Little the weeks here in Tarragona are getting better and going by
faster! The work in our area is starting to pick up and I feel better about
working. This week was the fist week at church that I was really able to
talk to some of the members and connect to them, and that is what I love!
This week I went on an Intercambio with the District Leader. His name is
Elder Shumway. He is from Orem, Utah and we had a great time together! He
taught me a lot of things and ways I can get things going here in Tarragona,
but most importantly, he taught me that I just needed to calm down and
relax!!! And let me tell you, these last couple days have been SO MUCH
BETTER!! Thinking back, I think I was more stressed about training than I
actually thought I was. I was so worried about Elder Wiscombe learning this
and trying to be some kind of super missionary, that I was killing myself! I
think I actually realized this week that I have only been in the field for a
little over 3 transfers and really, I am still training myself! I also think
that I have been forgetting to have fun! So the past couple days we really
have been having a good time together and just DOING WORK! It has been so
much better!

So everything thing with Ana is great! She came to church yesterday, and as
long as we can finish teaching her everything and she passes her interview
on Thursday, she will be baptized on Saturday! I kind of talked Ana into
letting Elder Wiscombe baptize her so I think he is really excited/nervous!
I think it is great! He will be getting his first baptism within his first
transfer in the mission! I love it! It will be awesome! Please keep praying
for her and for us! As we all know, The week before the Baptism is when
Satan tries his hardest!

We also talked to an AWESOME Nigerian man yesterday named Dominion! I LOVE
NIGERIANS! haha It is a blast to talk to them! They are just so sweet and
easy to connect to! All you have to do is call them brother, speak a little
pigeon English, do their special handshake and you are IN! haha Anyway, He
said that he just moved her from the islands and he was talking to the
missionaries there but never really took them seriously. He just likes to
talk to them because they spoke english and we great kids, but now he is
really interested in hearing what we have to teach because he thinks it is
great that we dedicate our lives to God for 2 years and preach the gospel.
He told us that he has a wife and a little girl who is 9 years old! BOOM! We
have our second visit with them on Tuesday! I am super stoked to teach them!
I can not tell you how much fun it would have been to serve in Nigeria! O
man, probably not the best living and eating but O MAN it would be so much
fun! haha

So that is about it from here in Tarragona... Right now I am feeling a lot
better about things and the future is looking better! It should be great!
Yesterday they started putting up Christmas lights and decorations in the
City! WHAT! Cant believe it is the holidays already! Too bad you guys arent
goign on vacation! You guys just knew it would be fun without good old Older
Brother James! :) Or you guys just arent telling me where you are going to
not make me feel bad... haha

Well, I love you guys! I tried to send some pics but this computer wasnt
working right... Next week! Keep up the good work! Love you guys lots!

Love
Elder Carrigan

P.S. Emily Kay Brown = BEAUTIFUL! Good Work Brown Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment