Monday, November 5, 2012

BAPTIZED!!!






Whats up everyone!

First off, Happy Birthday to the OLD MAN! O I mean Happy Birthday Dad! haha Hope you have a good week! Thanks for the support and everything you have done for me! I wouldnt be where I am without you and all you have taught me. Love ya!

This week was a rough one, but it ended really well... It seemed like Satan was just throwing everything he had at us. It started on Monday. A night full of cancelled visits. Didnt land anything. Then Tuesday we had zone conference and after zone conference we had a really important visit! Well, we went to the train station in Lleida to come back home, well, little did we know that the train company was on strike.... Ya, so we had to cancel on a new investigator and havent been able to get another opportunity yet.Then just more searching, rejection, and getting called out on the street! I think this is the first week where we literally got called out by someone on the street everyday... Sometimes its funny and most the stuff they say is just stupid but it gets old... One night this week we had a drunk homeless guy follow us for like 10 minutes just yelling stuff... The Bible is this, Jesus Christ that.... Everyone was just looking at us and ya... It was a joke. The good part was we did end with a baptism! Ana passed her interview and was baptized and confirmed this week! It was pretty sweet! I think Elder Wiscombe really enjoyed the experience and I think she did too! The only bad part is we scheduled the baptism on the same day as a wedding in the ward so we only had like 5 members at the baptism. Out of the 5 members, 4 of them were there just because they had to do something on the program... I felt a little bad but I know she really enjoyed getting confirmed on Sunday. the ward is so great here! She was the most popular person there on Sunday and was always talking to someone! It was great! Difinately ended the week right! Other than that ... Just an average week.

Teaching is a little slow. Right now, we have a lot of potential investigators and have taught a lot of first lessons but cant land a second lesson with anyone... Elder Wiscombe and I have really been studying hard and doing a lot of practices to figure out how we can inprove our first lesson. We have some lessons set up this week and hopefully we can see some success and begin to have some solid investigators!  We have been searching a lot for some menos activos as well. We got once lady named Belinda from Bolivia to come back to church! She hadnt been in a really long time, but she has been to church two times in a row! Its great! She is so amazing! I am really glad she is coming back! Yesterday she was talking with the bishop about recieving a calling! I am really happy for her!

Other than that I really dont have much more to write... I am super stoked for the elections this week and Im not even in the states! haha I hope Romney can pull it out! I sent my vote in awhile ago so I think it got there in time! People here in Spain dont really like Mitt Romney because of some comment he made awhile back... It is kinda funny! I dont really say much just so I dont make them mad, but I dont know! We will see! Im sure we will here about it!

So I guess I will explain these pics for ya...
Pic 0632 Ana at her baptism! No one knows why she doesnt look happy, but I promise she was haha
Pic 0626 So this is a Roman Ruin in Tarragona. It is a collosium (Not sure how to spell that...) But it is super sweet! Litterally way close to the ocean as well! People faught wild beasts in this thing!!!! Awesome!
Pic 0630 Haha I love this picture! This is the Lleida zone! There were like 20 cameras all sitting on 1 table on the timer setting... This is the best one I got and we are missing a couple of the other Elders!
Pic 0631 Me enjoying some wonderful homemade chile! haha It was great! Thanks Mom and Dad! :)

Well thats it from Spain this week! Thanks everyone for the love and support you all give me! Love you all tons and I am already excited to hear from you all next week!

Love Elder Carrigan

  

No comments:

Post a Comment