Thursday, October 11, 2012

Training?!?!?!

So I have some time to write you guys today because my companion gets to write home and tell him them about everything... You know the story. So let me give you the run down today and then I can fill in details and answer all your questions on Monday. So here is the story... Elder Tyler and I were in weekly correlation meeting with our ward mission leader when we recieved a call from President Pace. Elder Tyler answered the phone and described that two visa waiters were coming in and they had barely found out it. If they would have known the would have planned during transfers but because they didnt know, obviously they couldnt plan for it. He told Elder Tyler that they were in need of some trainers and that we would be training. At first Elder Tyler and I believed that we would be put into a trio and train a new elder in Vitoria, so we were pretty stoked! President Pace then asked to talk to me... He asked me if I would be willing to train and I told him that it shouldnt be a problem. It wouldnt be a problem. He then told me I would be leaving for Tarragona and whitewashing ... I then realized that I wasnt going to be in a trio... My heart dropped! haha I had to ask him to repeat what he said... So he then told us that we needed to be in Barcelona the next day around noon... May I remind you that this correlation meeting was at noon! So 24 hours... Elder Tyler and I changed all my plans so I could see as many people before I left Vitoria! Honestly, it was tough saying goodbye to everyone and I didnt get to say goodbye to a lot of people because I had to pack all my crap. We took the latest bus we could up to Bilbao, stayed the night in Bilbao, and then woke up the next morning to take the 640 train to Barcelona. I sat on a train for 7 hours to Barcelona. Barcelona is SO humid and hot! I hate it! I miss the nice cool north already... haha So anyway, we met our new companions, took some pictures, and then parted ways. Elder Tyler to Vitoria with his "son" and me with my "son" to Tarragona. So these last couple days have been absolutely crazy!

So now info about Tarragona.

Tarragona is about a 45 minute train ride from Barcelona. It is a smaller city like Vitoria but surrounded bt Publos. I have heard that Tarragona was a Naval Base for the Romans back in the day so there are a lot of ruins, but I am yet to see one, There were two elders here working here before we got here and we live with them. So its not exactly a complete whitewash but it still is going to be tough to get to know everyone and the area by ourselves. There is a ward here and from what I here it is huge! I am stoked for this! I have heard there are tons of youth and young single adults as well! It will be a lot different from the small branch in Vitoria! The Piso here isnt too bad but it isnt the best either! It is super dirty and nasty! I dont know why some Elders chopse to live this way, but I refuse so I have been cleaning in all the spare time I have haha. And yes I have found a few suprises crawling around. Mom you wont want to read this part, we live with cockroaches... Yay! haha We will have to try and solve the problem! We wilve with two other elders who are both from Texas, and as you can guess, I have already heard enough about how great Texas is! haha Got to love those Texans! They are both kind of interesting.... Interesting Texans... Ya,we will see how it goes...

Now my "son"

My companions name is Elder Wiscombe. He is from Morgan Utah and lives on a farm... haha Like me in the begining of my mission, He doesnt speak any spanish. In fact, he doesnt speak much English. He is super super shy. I am going to have to find a way to break him out of his shell or I am going to go crazy! Um I dont know what else to tell ya. He loves math and was the... I cant remember what its called... Its the person who is like the best math student in the school... Ya that... He went to Morgan High School. His nickname is Swoosh but he doesnt play basketball... Still a little confused on this one... And ya thats about it... If you want to know more let me know. Unfortunately, I forgot my little photo thing in my suitcase in piso so I will have to send photos on Monday... Sorry!

Summery of this whole situation. I am super nervous and feel super unprepared to do this... For the past two days I have thinking that President needs to reset his revelation signal because he got this one wrong! haha I know once I get the hang of things here in Tarragona it will be easier but its going to be tough! I would love all the prays and all the advise anyone has. I am sure it can only help!

Well I love you all tons and thank you for you support and incouraging words! I will send you pictures and my new address on Monday. I will talk to you guys then!

Much love!

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment