Monday, October 22, 2012

WE ARE AT WAR!!!


Hey everyone!

So like the title says! We are officially at war with the cockroaches in our Piso! I decided that since I will probably be living here for the next little while I wasnt going to put up with living in a crappy piso! So I started going to town last P day! This Piso is so nasty! Vitoria was pretty bad also but after we went to town on it it was much better and so much easier to feel the spirit and work! So I chewed the other elders out and now its a little better but we still have some work to do today! But anyway, I hope you enjoy the picture!!!!! haha Dad I am sorry, I still havent taken many pictures here! I guess I just dont know what you want to see! I will try to strat snapping a lot this week!

So things here in Tarragona are slowly getting better... We had a lot of potential visits set up but a lot of them fired on us so that really blew! It I feel like I am starting to really get a feel of how things work here and hopefully things will really start to pick up! We have some really great investigators rigth now that we are working with but everything is still in the starting stage of the lessons. At the beggining of the week we met with a lady named Ana from Cuba! She is amazing! She doesnt really know much about Jesus Christ because when she was in Cuba she lived really far from the church and wasnt able to attend. In our lesson, we were planning on just having a "lesson 0" with her and getting to know her, her background, and then go from there As we began to talk to her, the conversation slowly turned into the importance of Christ in our lives and why we need to shape our life to be like his, I then slowly started talking about baptism. As I explained baptism and how the ordinance is performed she became real alert. When I was done explaining it, she asked me to explain it again... I thought to myself, o great! She doesnt understand! My spanish is terrible or I simply cant teach... So I drew a picture, after i drew a terrible looking picture and tried to explain it again, she asked me to explain it again! Im thinking to myself! O gosh! How can she not understand! So we took her in the church and showed her the font and the picture of Jesus Christ while he is getting baptized. She then looked at me and said, I have seen this all in a dream! Me standing here in White! BOOM! Another dreamer! So we asked her on the spot if she would get baptized and she accepted a date! Miracles!!! it is amazing what the Lord has in store for us! Unfortunately, she didnt come to chuch yesterday so we will have to change the date , but thats a different story.... With a little work she will be baptized! I know it!

We had interviews with President Pace this week, and I always love talking to him! He is a great guy who always gives me a little extra motivation for the week! They went really well! He gave some tips on things I could do and talked to me about the importance of trainning and all that jazz! I cant express how glad I am to have such an awesome mission president. I feel like if I didnt like my mission president it would be just that much harder to be here! Its definitely the little things that keep me going on the rough days!

This week, once again has a lot of potential, but I dont like potential. Too much risk involved for a fired visit! Tarragona just works a lot differently than Vitoria did and I am still trying to adjust. In Vitoria we worked a lot with the less active families. There was always something do and always someone to visit and we hardly ever had a visit fire on us! He contacted in the streets a lot and rarely knocked doors! Here, Totally different! We had more lessons fire on us last week than we did lesson, it is super hard to visit someone else because the live super far away, Less actives dont give you the time of day, and all we do is knock doors... Im not a big fan of it! I dont mind knocking doors but I would much rather work through visits with less actives and members! Its just different! Yes, change is good, it is just super hard to adjust!

Well Fam! I love you all! Hope everything is going well at home! I love you all tons! Thanks for everything!


Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment