Monday, October 15, 2012

Little By Little



Hey Everyone! 

First off thank you for the emails of support and advice! They really helped! This week as been pretty slow, but what can you expect. New area, I dont know anyone.... Its been rough! The first couple days, as you could tell, I was freaking out and had no idea what to do! Luckily that feeling is slowly going away... The first couple days I just had no idea what i was doing! The other Elders here havent really been helping me much which is a pain! I was expecting them to help me make a smoother transition into the ward (Getting to know the members, Menos Activos, Investigators) but they didnt really help much... The basically just threw the area book in my face and said good luck! It was crap... So I started looking through the area book but mission area books are such a joke its not even funny! So then I just maned up and started calling people. The phont the office gave me was full of just tons of investigators and Future investigators so I called people for like 2 to 3 hours straight... Im still not done. I have found a ton of potential investigators and hopefully we will start teaching some of them this week.

I feel bad though because we have been in Piso a lot these past couple days calling people and trying to set up visits. I think Elder Wiscombe is a little bored which is never good for a new missionary. Every once in a while, we would take a "break" and go contact people. He doesnt like contacting too much either! haha Is Spanish isnt that great and the people here dont understand him at all. He has a hard farmers boy accent haha. But he tries! We tried to contact this man, and I told Elder Wiscombe that it was his turn to start the contact. He went up and started talking to the guy, The man stoped him midway through his sentence and said I have no Idea what he just said! haha I had to try super hard not to start laughing! Being a couple days with a new missionary has made me realize how fast the Lord has blessed me with being able to speak spanish. My spanish still isnt perfect and I still dont understand everything but I can get by! It is definitely the little things that kept me going this week!

Trying to learn my area is definitely the hardest thing right now. Tarragona is a very intersting area. The city of Tarragona is pretty small and easy to understand, but then there are pueblos everywhere! And all the members live in the pueblos! Its a pain! I hate pueblos! They take forever to get out there and are just a straight pain. Its like trying to learn 5 different areas because I have to learn 5 different small cities. It sucks, but it is what it is. I am just learnign a little bit at a time...

So my address in Tarragona is this

Elder James Carrigan
Calle Rambla Nova 125, 3, 3
43001 Tarragona
Spain

I dont mind is you guys send me things but as far as friends, just tell them to send things to the mission home. It will be easier this way! Thanks!

Dad, everythign you said you were sending sounds great! I would love if you sent me that ballot! President Pace said we could try to set it up online and all that but I just dont have time to try to figure out how to do everything! If you could send it to me also with some instructions on what to do that would be great!

Well, I think that is pretty much it this week... Sorry, not much went down! Thanks again for the prayers and the love and support! I am still feeling a little overwhelmed, but this are gettign better little by little. Thanks for everything! Love you all!

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment