Monday, December 3, 2012

Just Keep On Truckin!!

Whats up! Whats up!

This week was one for the books for sure! First off I just want to thank a ton of you for the things that have been sent! C Danas, I got the package I think you were talking about. It had all the pictures from the kids and a great letter from Clarker D! Loved it! I loved reading what was going on with you guys and it sounds like all is well there! Loved the pictures of the kids! The picture of Jack player soccer! That is a soccer FACE!! So focused! Thats what I am talking about! haha Clark it is funny that you know Elder Tirado! He is my Zone Leader right now in the Hospitalet Zone, and such a stud! Honestly one of the greats! Knows how to work and knows how to make those around him better! Great Missionary! BUT, he definately remembers you and said you were a stud, even remembers your kids! I think I scored some brownie points just by being your nephew haha.

Baers! Thank you as well for the Christmas package! I loved the tie and I am actually wearing it right now! Great choice! Bring a little lavender into the mix! Love it! And the Christmas decorations will go along nicely with our little christmas corner! haha

And Last, Family, Thank you much for the Pre-Christmas package! I loved it! Everything was great and we now have a great little corner of the piso filled with Christmas joy! haha

So like I said this week was a rough one but Elder Wiscombe and I just "Put our shoulders to the wheel" and went hard! First it started off with getting your package... Dont get me wrong! I loved it, but I got SO trunky! haha I mad the stupid mistake of trying to bring a little bit of home here! I turned on that christmas music I had and set up our little christmas corner one night... TERRIBLE IDEA! haha I learned my lesson! Luckily it didnt last long, but it was a rough night!

So then for 2 full days, literally, we got fired on left and right! It was the worst! And it wasnt even like a good fire where they call you like a couple hours in advance and you can try to make other plans, it was just straight up show up at thier house and then they are either not there or they forgot and we need to reschedule! I dont understand! How can you forget? I call you the day before and they remember then, I confirm the visit, then... Not there! I get so mad! haha

But even with all of this we were able to land two baptismal dates this week! Miracles! One is with a lady named Cicilia that just showed up to church last week. We had our first visit with her and invited her to be baptized and she said yes! It was awesome! Didnt have any doubts! She was only scared that she wouldnt be ready in time! No problem! She will be ready! The second is with thhe daughter of a menos activo family the bishop assigned us to visit. They are from Nigeria and have a daughter who is 9 named Sofia. We have been visiting them for the past couple weeks and every question was asked Sofia would answer it on the spot! Honestly, she is so smart! She speaks Spanish, Catalan, and English! Its crazy! But anyway, in the prayer at the end of the lesson, Prince, the father, asked to have the Lord touch Sofias heart and help prepare here for baptism. Until this point we had no idea that she wasnt baptized. We talked to him a couple days later and told him that she was ready and that we can help her finish preparing! They are both preparing to be baptized on the 15th! The other elders here in Tarragona also have 2 fetchas for the 15th of December! We are working hard to getting all of them baptized! I want to see a white Christmas!!!!! haha

So anyway, This week I learned something interesting about Spain and about Santa Claus that I didnt know! It involves the little gifts mom sent me... Those little Pez things. We went to there house this week to give them to them and we were talking about Christmas, but I learned that Santa Claus actually doesnt pass by some of the childrens houses. Some of the kids here dont even write Santa Claus. In Spain, the 3 kings bring presents to everyone on Januray 6th! Everyone writes the 3 kings and they come the night of January 5th. Wierd/Cool right?

They also have these little things called Tios that come down from the mountains. They walk down from the mountains every winter because it gets really cold up there. They feed the tios and put blankets on them to make them warm. As they feed them they get bigger and bigger until finally on the night of December 24th, the tios poop out presents for them! Yes you read that right! haha. The kids sing to them the night before and the next day they find the present that they pooped out! haha pretty awesome right! I dont have any photos of Tios yet but I will take some this week! haha

Well anyway... Thats about it this week!... We continue to work hard with the other investigators we have. Hopefully we can land some more fetchas this week! Please keep praying! The prayers are definately felt! I also would love to see everyones Christmas cards. If you all have extras will you send me one to the mission office address! I would love it! Thanks!

Mom, stop worrying about singing infront of everyone! Everyone knows you are going to kill it!
Nick, stop being a punk in Physics haha! Good luck on the ACT, DO WORK! And, of course, Jade Jones... Need I say more? Well done! I approve!
Ryan, I heard you had a guy rub your but this week... NICE!!!!! haha
Annie, Keep being beautiful!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Carrigan

P.S. I hope you enjoy our Christmas Card... Merry Christmas from Elder Carrigan and Wiscombe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment