Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas


Hey everybody!
 
So I dont really know what to write because I will be talking to all of you TOMORROW!!! Crazy! To me it doesnt really seem like Christmas... It is a really wierd feeling haha. Tomorrow will hopefully be a fun day. We have some plans with some of the members here and we are just going to spend the day with whoever! Tonight we got invited to go eat with some other members as well, but it is tradition here to eat Christmas Eve dinner super late here and unfortunately President wouldnt give us permission.... haha So we are eating together tonight as missionaries! Everyone is pitching in something they like. Elder Magallanes (Argintina) is making some sort of meat, My companion (Spain) is making a really good spanish salad, Elder Carroll (USA) is making brownies. Tomorrow I am going to make some French Toast with fruit, Nuetella, and all kinds of good stuff! It will be good!
 
Well I need to throw a quick thank you out! I remmebered who sent me the package I got last week and she would kill me if I didnt thank her! haha So Thank you Courtney and her wonderfull mother for sending me a package! It looks great under the tree!
 
This past week has been super slow... I havent been feeling to good and nobody wants to set visits with us this time of year, plus add in just a tiny bit of trunkiness... Its been ruff! I have been pushing through to try and help out Elder Garcia but really he just entered the mission at the worst time possible! haha Hopefully things start to pick up this next week, but from what I have heard, these next two weeks are going to be tough! Everyone we talk to on the street says to call them after the new year, but hey, at least we are getting numbers! haha
 
So yeah, thats about how our week went haha. Not a lot of visits and a lot of searching with little success. I LOVE IT!
 
So Elder Garcia is great though! He is a great teacher! We havent taught a lot together but in our lessons we have taught, they have gone really well! He is a little big in the head, and thinks he is all that, but eh, a couple more hours of knocking doors, fired visits, and long cold nights, he will come around! haha He is learniogn though and he isnt afraid to call out his mistakes, which I like. I am trying to train Elder Garcia a little differently than I did Elder Wiscombe, and I really like how it is going. Mainly because he already speaks Spanish, it makes things a lot easier! I love being with a native speaker again though! I am learnign a lot more and hopefully can improve my spanish! It is wierd though, I all of a sudden feel like my spanish is terrible! haha Just a motivation to get better right! Like I said I havent been feeling very good and I caught my annual sinus infection... but anyway, yesterday we had to teach one of the primary classes. All the little kids kept laughing at me because first I was sick so my voice already sounds funny, and then my american accent on top of it. It was funny for like the first ten minutes, then it got old really fast and I started to get super frustrated haha. Its all good though! I am glad I am able to have this opportunity to improve my spanish.
 
Well thats it... TALK to you guys tomorrow!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
 
Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment