Monday, December 10, 2012

Staying Focused!

Good Morning Friends and Family!

First let me just throw a shout out to my LITTLE bro! Turning the big 17 this week! Happy Birthday buddy! Although you get older every year, and this year I am in Spain. Remember who is in charge! haha Love you buddy! Keep up the good work!

This week went really well! Elder Wiscombe and I have been trying hard to keep focused and this past week it really wasnt that hard, we have tons to do right now and it is always so much easier to stay focused when you have stuff to do! I love it!

This past week we worked hard progressing our two fechas, Cecilia and Sofia! Right now everything is looking really good! Sofia is pretty much set! She came to church yesterday and we only have a couple of the commandments left to teach her. I do have to say, it is SUPER hard teaching a ten year old! haha You have to teach so simple and some things I dont even know where to start! We taught the 10 commandments and the word of wisdom last night and... It was interesting haha! The summary of how it went was, Dont eat or drink anything bad for your body and always obey your parents! haha It has been a really good experience though. Sometimes as missionaries I feel like we get a little caught up on trying to teach and explain every little detail that the investigators just get lost. It has been good to just take a step back and try to teach just the basics. Bottom line, Sofia is super excited for her baptism and so is her dad! It will be awesome to see them both in white on Saturday! We just need to keep praying!

Cecilia is progressing as well! We continue to work with her and need to start teaching her the commandments this week! From what we have seen, we dont think there should be any problem. She is amazing and super prepared! The only potential problem is her working... But, luckily she works for a member´s mom, so we should get everything worked out! Just the minor details!

Other than that our week was pretty average! We continue to work really close to some Menos Activo families and are trying super hard to get them back to church. I have been here for almost two months and stories are just barely starting to come out... This week we found out that I guess some time ago a branch president offended a bunch of people and that is why there are a ton of Menos Activo Families here... Stupid! So there is still a lot of work to do in that part of the work.

We also found out that a couple transfers back a couple missionaries did a bunch of stupid stuff here and lost the trust of a lot of the members... More stupid! For this the members havent given too many references to us. The other day one of the members came up to me and Elder Wiscombe and gave us a couple of references and said I am glad they sent us some good missionaries again. It was a super nice compliment and just made me pumped! Hopefully we can get the members involved in the work again! We think they will start helping us out again. Yesterday in Sacrament we announced there is going to be 5 baptisms on Friday and everyone was super suprised/stoked. I guess what I am saying is I think things are going to start speeding up here and I am really excited! Tarragona is an area with a lot of potential. Great Members, Great Area! All they are missing is a Chapel! haha

Now that I have said all this I am sure I will get transferred... haha Its all good! Come what may and love it!

Well thats about it from Spain! I hope you are all loving the Christmas season! Although it is a little different this year I am really loving it! It feels good to be sharing the message about the real reason of Christmas! Hope you all have a great week!

Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment