Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Good Morning everybody!

This week was was a great one! We worked really hard and it is amazing how the work pays off! We did a lot of finding this week, or i guess I should say searching but nothing really came of it. We knocked a lot of doors and got shut down time and time again! haha I feel like it has turned into a compitition between Elder Wiscombe and I to see who can say the most before the door closes or before they hang up the timbre... We try to make it as fun as possible! We knocked for about 4 hours and found one person that said to come back! It honestly is amazing how good those words sound! Since we are close to Christmas, I will just have to compare it as if you opened a present on Christmas morning and you got exactly what you wanted! O its so great! haha So we will call him this week and see if we can set something up! Hopefully the number isnt fake! haha

We did see miracles though and I honestly think it is because we put so much effort into knocking doors this whole week! At church yesterday, we had 5 people show up to church that we have never even seen before! we talked to them after church and they all said they loved it! They said they were going to come back next week and we have visits with 3 of them this week! Miracles I tell you! Miracles! I know God inspired them to come to church! Before we started knocking doors before, I said a prayer and I told Heavenly Father that we were going to put in the effort to find those ready to hear the gospel, but he needed to help us and put them in out path. After we knocked doors and only found one person, I was a little down, then Sunday hit... I knew it was the answer I was looking for! Coincidence? I think not! haha

So Thanksgiving wasnt too bad! It was tough because I kept thinking about the Turkey that was cooking at home with the Football and all of the goods that come along with Thanksgiving, but we had a conference in Valencia that was pretty sweet! The 2nd councilor of the area presidency came and talked to us! He did a great job and got us all motivated! I always love the conferences! They make me want to go out and work that much harder! Afterwords, the whole zone sat down and ate a GIANT Piealla (Not sure how to spell that) There is a member in Valencia that has won a ton of awards for his piealla! It was super good! So although I didnt have turkey and football, I had a conference and Piealla! Thansgiving Spanish style! haha It was pretty great! After the conference, President Pace gave me the opportunity to have a one on one visit with the area seventy and it was a really cool opportunity! We talked about some things but those are personal! haha Sorry! It was an experience I wont forget! One on one interview with an aposle of the Lord!

So Christmas is in full swing here! Lights, a big Christmas tree, Christmas music in the streets! Im not goign to lie! IT SUCKS! haha How in the world am I supposed to stay focused and not think about home when I cant even walk down the street without hearing Ill Be Home For Christmas! haha It will be tough being away from home but I am sure I will live! I am still super nervous I am going to be transfered in these coming weeks... We are like 95 percent positive that one of us is going, we just dont know who. President kind of spilled the beans at this conference! haha We were talking to him and he said something about how him and Hermana Pace are going to come down here in January for a fireside, about halfway through it he caught himself and you could just tell he knew one of us was probably not going to be here! I dont know, we will see! I could see it either way, either one of us could go! Either way I am stoked to be able to talk to you guys soon! I am pretty sure that we will be able to skype, but we still dont have details! That will definately be the highlight of the month!

Well Guys, there is much left to report! All is well and we are working hard! Hopefully we can get some baptismal dates this week from these potential investigators we have! I love you all much and I miss you all tons! Cant wait to talk with you guys on Christmas! we are now less than one month away!

Keep it Real!
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment