Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!


Bon Dia Todos!
 
So first off let me just give a good big shout out to my little sister! Turning 13 tomorrow! Holy! I cant believe that you are goign to be a teenager Bee! Thats absolutely nuts! Time flies! Stop growing up everyone!!! haha Well anyway, Happy Birthday Annie Bee! I hope it is a super good one! Remember dont talk to boys... If I hear of any news of boys, I will be on the first flight home to Salt Lake! haha
 
Well, it was super awesome seeing everyone for Christmas! Time just flies by! I wish I could have talked to all of you longer! There is no one I talked to all of you long enough, but it was good to see all of your great smiling faces! Christmas here was good but definately a lot different! We went to an Olive Vineyard with some of the members here and they made a bunch of food over an open fire! It was great! I will send some pics! We will being going out there again on the 1st to party with them again... "Party" haha We are also going to cut down some branches and do some service. I will be working in the Lords Vineyard and a Members Vineyard at the same time!!!! Crazy! haha Alright that was stupid but hey.... Its what happens on the mission...
 
So I dont know what it is, maybe its because I was sick, it was Christmas, or its because the people dont want to listen to us this week, but this week has gone by SUPER slow!!! Maybe it is all three!!! But Holy! It was a rough one! I really cant wait to get done with all of this and just get back to normal schedule. We knocked so many doors this week it was unreal! All with the same reply haha, BUT in the end. The Lord blessed us! Last night we knocked some doors for like an hour, we knocked two buildings... The first doors we knocked in both buildings told us to come back! DOPE! haha One is a family from Brazil (Who I cant understand to save my life!) and the other is a Columbian woman who is married to a Spanyard. We are stoked! We will see what happens! It was just more evidence to me that the Lord really does hold true to his promises! One thing I have learned on my mission is always, if we do our part, the Lord will always do his part! Its amazing!
 
We also landed another Fecha with Cecilia. I dont know if you remember her... She had a baptismal date for about two weeks ago, but didnt get baptized because her housband that lives in Honduras said no... We talked to her about it, and she said she has a testimony of everything and knows it is all true! She knows everything we have taught her comes from God and that she can really become closer to God by being baptized, but she said she will not split up her family because God would not want that. She said that she knows she will be baptized in the future, just when the family is ready as well. We told her that God really does bless the family and with her example she can help her family recieve the same blesings. We set the fecha for the end of January and told her we were going to all that was possible to help her, but she also needed to do her part! So really it is all in the hands of the Lord. Unfortunately, I cant go to Honduras and treach the father, so we will see what happens.... With faith, fasting, and pray, I am possitive we will see miracles! Please remember here in your prayers!
 
Well, thats about it from my side... It was great to get to talk you all! I love you all tons and I am so grateful for all of the support! Miss you all tons but know it is all for a great reason! The only reason we are the family we are is because of the gospel. I only hope that the families I teach will be able to feel the same love and joy we experience every day!
 
Love you all tons!
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment