Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Traslados

Hey Guys!

So I guess I will let you guys in on transfers! I am super excited! I will be staying here in Barcelona for another transfer! :) Elder Feller and I will not be companions, but we will be living together. Like we thought, President split us up and both of us will be trainning! IT should be really fun! I am going to stay in our area and Elder Feller is going to go take over a part of the sisters area in the upper half of Barcelona. It should be pretty exciting! We are trying to get the members excited as well! With so many missionaries in the field, we could see a lot of amazing things happen, but only if the members help us in the work! We had a meeting with the bishop yesterday, and next week we are going to sit down with the bishopric what we are going to do to be the most productive has possible! We are going to see miracles! 

This next week is going to be nuts though! Becasue we live here in Barcelona we have to help all these new missionaries with residency and all this stuff! It is going to be a disaster! haha 45 new missionaries will arrive in Barc Sants (The Train Station) tomorrow at 9 O´clock in the morning! The will all come up the esscalator together and Im not going to lie, it is going to be an epic sight! haha I am glad I get to be apart of it! Then after we have to take them everywhere and do a bunch of paper work for them and all that stuff... That part im not excited for! haha It will be an interstign week for us! Thursday afternoon I will recieve my new companion and then get back to work! It should be great! 

So as for this week... A lot caught us by suprise! On Thursday morning we received a call from a member of the church and he told us that some one had broken into the old church building and had made a mess. They needed help cleaning up, so we went as soon as we could.. On the outside of the church, everything looked normal, but as soon as you took one step into the church, it look as if a hurricane had hit the place! It was destroyed! It made me sick! It wasnt like someone had broken in, stole some stuff, and left. No, people had broken in like 3 months ago and they had been living there for who knows how long and in the meantime just destroyed the place! It was terrible! There were beer cans everywhere, paint all over the walls, and the whole place smelled terrible! They had taken one of the fire hoses and just wet the whole place down! The basement was flooded and it was just an awfull sene. Something I deffinately didnt think I would ever see in a chruch... So we spent the morning cleaning the place up, but I cant say I did much... There was way too much to clean up. I think they just ended up hiring a professional cleaning team to just go in there and take out everything! It was nuts!

This week we dropped some investigators and hopefully in the future they will accept the gospel. Its always hard to let peopel go, but if they dont do their part, we cant do anything for them... The good news though is that Benito is going to be baptized this next week! At the end of the month he is goign to Benito for a couple weeks and he wants to get baptized before then. So, he is lettign smoking go this week, and he will be baptized on Saturday! Please pray that he can stop smoking!! He needs the prayers! Dad, thanks for the program. We are using it! :) We think everything will go well. We know it will be hard for him, but everything is possible with the Lords help! 

Well thats about it for this week! I still love the mission! haha Nothing better! O I do have one request! I need a special marking pencil... I know it sounds lame, but they are the best adn I cant find one anyone here! You can buy them in the MTC store and i am sure in deseret book as well. It is just a marking pencil wih tons of colors. Ty knows what I am talking about... Ask him. 

Well, sounds like all is well at home! Love you all lots! Dad, dont dream about me too much! Dont worry, the Mediteranian Sea´s waves arent that crazy and President will never find out! Im way too sneaky! haha 

Love you all lots! 

E. Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment