Monday, September 9, 2013

A New Son is Born!

Hey

Sounds like a great week at home! I found out this week that I am the worst older brother ever because I forgot to wish my brother happy birthday! I still cant believe he got an Iphone... Such crap! haha I feel like as soon as I left for my mission, everyone at home started recieving sweet stuff! Wow I am sure everything has changed at home! Today I hit 8 months left in the mission... ARE YOU KIDDING! It goes by way to fast. Got to enjoy what I have left! 

So this week was nuts! Like I told you guys, 45 new missionaries arrived this week to the mission and it has been absolutely crazy! I havent been in my area like all week and it was tough but now everything is settled down! 

So I do have a new trainee, or son! His name is Elder Seegmiller! He is from Troy, Idaho. Never heard of it! He tells me its in the North of Idaho! He comes from a large family of 8 kids and is the youngest... Classic Idaho mormon family! haha His dad is some sort of scientist and he wants to be one too! He is a really great kid who is excited to be here and is ready to work hard! 

Unfortunately Benito wasnt baptized this week.... He has dropped smoking a lot. he has gone from a pack a day to about 2 or 3 a day which is good, but unfortunately its not stopping. We are still meeting with him and hopefully we can get him to stop completely! The only problem is that h eis going to Brazil soon for a wedding and will be gone for a couple of weeks... So we will have to wait for him to get back for him to be able to be baptized...

After that, investigators are running dry. We are headed back to stage one and we are looking, looking, looking! We recently dropped some investigators that werent progressing and then I actually just barely recieved a text from an investigator saying that she doesnt want to meet with us anymore... Lovely! haha But Im not worried! There are prepared people everywhere! :) 

Claudio recieved the Priesthood this weke! So that is great news! Only problem is that he found work and now wont be able to come to church for about a month.... Bummer! But he did say that he is going to come to all of the activities and everything during the week, plus we will still visit him during the week as well! All is well here in Barcelona! Still loving life! 

Love you all and I am happy you guys are doing well! 

Loves! 

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment