Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bishop Brewster

Hey Everyone!

So I am sad to hear that Bishop Brewster passed away.... That is a huge bummer! Such a great guy! He will truly be missed! Please give the brewster family a huge hug from me! :) I can honestly say that Bishop Brewster helped me become the man I am today! As I was sitting here thinking about him and some memories I had, all I could think about is he is the most patient man I have ever met in my life! Anyone who can deal with that many scouts for that many scout trips is my hero! haha Love you Brewster Family! 

This passed week was a good week! We are working really close with the bishopric here in trying to find the menos activos in the ward. The ward list here is SUPER long and the bishop doesnt know like half the members on the list.Because of this, we spent the week passing by a ton of houses! We found a good mix of everything! One reason I love the mission is because you honestly have no idea what you are going to experience everyday! You always plan, but at the end of the day, your plans always go differently and the things you see and hear are incredible! haha We passed by people who didnt want anything to do with us, people who had died, people who havent lived in there for over 30 years, everything! haha It was a mess! we also found a couple people who let us in and we were able to talk to them! 

We found one family from Gautamala that is super great! Its a mom and here 3 daughters. They are all really great! The mom has been inactive for some time now, but the 3 girls are starting to come to church activities and to church! We had the whole family in the Family Home Evening we do in the church each week! It was a great sight! So we have some work to do!

We also found a really great lady from Bolivia named Ana. We knocked on her door and got to know here a little bit but she would let us in. So we just talked with her and got to know here a little bit. We set up a visit to come and visit her later in the week and she kind of hesantly agreed. As we were ending I had the feeling to leave her with a prayer right there in the doorway. I said a reallly basic sincere pray and prayed for her and her needs. As we ended, we all opened our eyes and she was bawling. It was a touching moment. I asked her if she was ok adn she just started apologizing beacuase she felt bad because she couldnt let us in. Its was amazing how the Holy Ghost touched her heart during the prayer!  I love prayer! we had a lesson with here yesterday, and she is great! She has some problems, but she is great and has a desire to come back to church! we can help her with that! 

Other than that, we are looking for new investigators like always! Talking to lots of people! Tomorrow we have a visit with a family from the Manilla, Phillapines! Maybe Julie and Branigan can give me some advice on what I can talk about! Any food I should have them make us or should I stear clear from that? haha Help me out a bit! What do the people usually love to do or maybe a funny saying in their language! haha

Well, all is well! Lots of love! 

Elder Carrigan

P.S. Mom, last week you asked us what kind of food I eat and I forgot to answer. We eat alot with the members and they normally make tipical food from their counties (Which is amazing!) I honestly can say I have traveled south america´s food! haha and when we eat at home, I usually make something easy. a sandwich, pasta, easy stuff. To sum it up. I eat like a college student! haha Loves! 

P.S:S Loved the school pictures! We have such a good looking family! What are we going to do for our Christmas card photo? If im not in it.... There will be some major problems!! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment