Monday, August 26, 2013

Same Old, Same Old

Hey Everyone!

It was a bitter sweet week this week! Elder Feller and I have decided that we are going to have to start dropping some investigators. At least for now... Some of the people just arent progressing! The worst part of missionary work! Like I have said before, I hate free agency! haha The worst thing about a visit is when you go and you ask them if they have read and they say no... It kills me! Or they say yes, yesI promise I will be in church! Sunday roles around... They dont come! It kills me! haha but hey, thats the mission, life goes on! The great thing about Barcelona is that there are always new people who show up at church! :) 
 
We had a couple new people show up this week and we set up some visits with them and they both seem to be pretty good! Its actually kinda funny, both are named Gloria and they both have been to church at least 3 times. We have planned to meet with both of them this week we will see how it goes!

We are seeign a huge miracle right now with a man named Benito! He is a spanish man that contacted us and he is incredible! Unfortunately he has a problem with smoking. We taught him about the Word of Wisdom this week, and he asked us if he had to give up smoking before he could get baptized and we told him that yes he needed to stop before he could be baptised. He replied, Alright Lets do it! It will be tough because I have smoked my whole life, but I am going to do it! It was amazing! We are going to meet with him tomorrow to make a plan of how he can quit smoking. We have some recent converts that had problems before help us out! It will be great! I know he can do it! 

Nancy and Yuly are progressing slowly. Nancy didnt come to church this week because she had to work. We also couldnt meet with Yuly last week because she was scared that we had to meet her in here house, but we solved the problem and told here we were going to meet in the church... Easy doubt! haha Little by little! 

Other than that, everything is great! Just trucking along! I honestly cant believe we are going to start September! Crazy!

Love you all! 

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment