Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Great Week!!




Familia!

Mom! Thank you for the Package! I loved every second of it! The beef jerkey was gone REAL fast! haha Elders Rios, Castillo, and Olya were amazed that in the United States we sell meet in bags! haha I was dying. Trying to explain exactly what it was and how that little freshness packet you cant eat keeps the meet fresh! It was a great moment! haha The CD is exactly what I wanted thank you and the lyric book was a great suprise! I hadnt gotten the Ensign yet. It is a great read. Thank you tons! Love you lots!

So the BYU... Ya that sucks, but I guess we will live! How are they looking this year? Is there any chance of them doing anything good or is it just going to be another average year?

Bilbao was fun! We didnt do much site seeing but almost all the elders from the zone were there so it was really fun just to do something together! We all went to the park and played basketball, football, alll kinds of good things! The best part was speaking english with the American missionaries! haha Dont get me wrong, I have learned a ton of spanish this transfer and it is a lot better, but I always love a break! haha It was a really fun day. Mom to answer your questions. All the cities are pretty close. We take the bus and everything is within 1 or 2 hours of Vitoria. Vitoria is in the center of everything.

So it sounds like the week was pretty average at home. It was a pretty average week here as well. Juliet is somewhat progressing. I can tell the teachers at her church are influencing her a ton! Or at least trying, they are doing everything they can to make it so we cant talk to her... It is frustrating. In almost every lesson we have with her, she brings just a list full of scriptures that her teachers have given her and tons of questions. We always take the time to answer them, she understands and then she comes back with a brand new list the next time... Its tough but I kind of like it! haha Ty sent me a quote last week from Elder Holland that said, "We dont always try to Bible Bash, but when we do, we ALWAYS win!" haha Its so true! Sometimes it is hard to find the scripture, but there is ALWAYS a scripture! Always an answer! It has strengthened my testimony a lot! When you have and know the truth, it is easy to disprove (Is this a word haha) wrong doctrine! Please continue to pray for her!

So Saturday we had another baptism with a man named Victor! I think I have talked about him... I cant remember! haha sorry! It has been an interesting story with him because he doesnt live in my area so I "cant" teach him, but I am the only one that speaks english so I taught him everything! We had to do intercambios everytime. Really stupid, but whatever... So he was baptized on Saturday. I had the opportunity to baptize and confirm him! It has been great teaching him. Before we started teaching him he told us he was never interested in church before he met us. He believed in God but wanted nothing to do with a church. He had problems Drinking, Smoking, and the law of chastity, but he has changed a lot! It has been great!

I attached photos of both the baptism of Katy and of Victor! Enjoy.

One Question... A lady from the Branch here in Vitoria is going to conference in October. She offered to bring anything I need or take anything to you guys. I couldnt think of anything. Do you have any ideas?


Thanks for everything. Love you all lots

Talk to you next week

Elder ¨Carrigan


  

No comments:

Post a Comment