Monday, September 24, 2012

A New Companion






Its Monday once again! Wow these times fly! It is incredible!

This week went by super fast. Probably because we were SUPER busy!

So yes, Transfers came a little early to the city of Vitoria! My new companion arrived on Wednesday! His name is Elder Tyler and he is from Ogden Utah. FINALLY! Another American! hahaha It has been good to have him here! Elder Rios is still here as well for another week. Elder Tyler has been working in the office for 9 months! Crazy right! Nearly half of his mission! But President Pace wanted to get him out the office as soon as he could so he put him here with us two weeks before transfers! Like I said it has been super nice to have him here to speak some english, but at the same time I dont really like it because I feel like in just 3 days my spanish isnt as good... Kinda weird! I dont know too much more about him... He seems like a pretty cool guy, but I dont want to make any judgements too early! haha I say he is a cool guy one day and then the next day he is going to be super weird. So I think I will just hold my tongue for today! haha But because he came we have been trying to visit as many people as we can with in the Branch. (Members, Recent Converts, Menos Activos, Investigators) Just everyone! We have been on the run everywhere! I am dying! This week was the first week where it has been hard to lift my head from my pillow in the morning! Not good! haha It has also been a lot of fun working in a trio! I love it! I am sad to see Elder Rios go, but I am excited to get working with Elder Tyler! Elder Rios was a stud and a pretty good trainer, I am glad I had the opportunity to work with him! So Elder Tyler is in one of the pictures I am sending! The one we are all sitting at the table eating.

So some sad news as well... Juliet stopped progressing and decided she "wanted soem time to figure some things out" Kinda sucks, but it is what it is! She had a ton of faith and a lot of potential, but in the end she wasnt reading the Book of Mormon, and if your not going to read the Book of Mormon there is no way your going to know if its true or not... So in the end we wrote our number in her Book of Mormon... She tried to give it back to us but we just told her we had plenty and she could keep it! haha We fasted for her and hopefully she will show back up in the future. We are going to keep in touch with her and keep praying for her. Please do the same.

Mom I will get on the favor you asked me! I will get it to you next week. I cant really remember one of the top of my head so I will think about it and then let you know next week! Thanks!

Dad about pictures... Ya, I should probably take more! I will work on it! I am sending 3 today! I will explain them really quick to you guys!

One of the pictures is all of us sitting at a table eating Lunch. From left to right. Rosalva (Member) Helps us out a ton with the work and has an amazing family. It was her birthday and she fed us like crazy! So good! Francis (Member) from Hondurus! Super strong member, She doesnt live in our area so she works with the other missionaries all the time. Elder Castillo, from the Dominican Republic. Has crazy swag! He walks like he is a gangster! Hillarious! Love the kid! ME! Elder Tyler! You already read about him. Elder Olaya, Not sure if I have told you much about him... He is from Columbia, Super Femy and really annoying! I hope he is tranfered this transfer haha BUT he is a child of God so I am nice to him! haha (As long as he doesnt touch me!) 2 investigators! Rosalvas friends who just started taking the lessons from the other missionaries last week. The lady talks like you wouldnt believe. We tried to have a 5 minute lesson... We talked for five minutes and she talked for 25...

Next... The photo with the 2 little black boys! Maswell y Mice! Craziest kids in the world. Take Johnny times 5! And then there are 2 haha The mom is also pregnant with a 3rd... She wanted a girl... She is having another boy! Good Luck!

And last... The one with the little girl, Atanie. The cutest little girl in the country of Spain! She is I think 2! I die everytime she comes to talk to me!

Well family! Love you lots! Hope everything is going well at home! I miss you guys tons and love hearing from all of you! Thanks for everything you do for me!

Lots of Love!

Elder Carrigan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment