Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baptisms, Conferences, Miracles, and a day in Bilbao

Hey everyone!

This week has been crazy! The Lord has helped us in so many ways this week! I have experienced Miracles!

First, Juliet! Remember her? She is the girl from Nigeria! The daughter of the family of 7. Well we went to her house for our second lesson and before we even said the pray she sat us down and said, I want to get baptized! My companion and I just looked at eachother and didnt even know what to do! haha so we were stoked! More on this later!

Next, Katy, was Baptized on Friday! It was great! The service went really well, and lots of people from the ward came to support her! Elder Rios baptized her and then Katy asked me if I would confirm her. I was scared out of my mind! haha I had no Idea what i was going to say or anything! But the thought just kept coming into my that the blessing comes from the spirit so you dont even need to know what to say... Right now I have no idea what I said, but it either went well or really bad because when she shook my hand she had a huge smile on her face! I like to think it was because I did a good job, but it could have been that my spanish was just really bad haha! Who knows! :) So that started off the weekend on a high!

On Saturday, and Sunday we had Stake Conference with all of Basque country! I love when there are conferences becuase everyone comes from everywhere and it is an awesome sight! So we invited our investigators and Juliet came! At first she wasnt going to come but she changed her mind last second becasue she said she wanted to talk to us. Elder Rios and I were a little nervous about this. Turns out that during the week she went to her bible class with the testigos. She told them she was gettign baptized and her teacher ripped into her with all this stuff and so she was pretty hesitant about talking with us on the bus ride up. She was writing all these things in her note book on the bus to the conference like "I am sorry God, I dont know what I am doing" or "Soy Testigo" and all these things... I was super nervous! So I began to pray in the bus! And I prayed hard! Just asking God that something said in the conference would touch her heart and she would feel the Holy Ghost with her in the meeting! I had a feeling to promise her that if she wrote a question down on a piece of paper and put it in her pocket. By the end of the meeting, she would have an answer to that question. Well... Every speaker in the conference talked about Temples and the importance of Temples... And I am not going to lie, durign the conference I was really nervous thinking of all the questions she was going to have, this and that. I was scared haha. Well, we experienced miracle number 2 with Juliet in the same week! At the end of the conference she had the biggest smile on her face and loved the conference. She didnt have a single question about what was talked about. She said that when the lady talked about how our families can be eternal and forever, she knew this is where she was supposed to be. On the way home she called just about everyone she could and told them about her baptism on the 22nd! It was the greatest thing! The Lord works Miracles here! It is amazing to be able to see them every day!

So P day is today because we had Zone Conference yesterday. Unfortunately I dont have time to write about it because we decided to go up to Bilbao for P Day! we are going to go hit the town and experience the North today I am stoked! Because of this I dont have my camera with me so I cant send Pictures of the Baptism today. I will next week! But, I do have a couple of questions.

1. Did Trevor Montgomery recieve his call yet?
2. Did Brady Homer decide to join the Army?

Please update me on these! Thanks

I love you guys lots and I am excited for the package from Mom this week! I am sure it will be great! You guys are the greatest family in the world and I am so greatfull for everything you have done for me and the support you continue to give me! Love you all

Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment