Thursday, June 28, 2012

2 Weeks Left in CCM


Whats up everybody!
 
So ya... Like 2 weeks left in the CCM then I am on my way to Barcelona! That hit me on Sunday and I started to liek freak out! I am pretty nervous to go into the field and start actually teaching! Whith the natives here, I have learned how much spanish I dont know ha ha! I dont know how I am going to survive in Barcelona! This week has been amazing though! It has been way fun with the native spanish speakers here! We play soccer everyday AND I hang with them pretty well! ha ha! It has been hard speaking with them but they love trying to help us with our spanish and speak to us all the time to help us out! Some of them speak a little english as well so its not that hard to get our point across! My favorite part has been teaching them english! They all want to learn way bad so almost every night we all sit around at the tables in the cafeteria and we teach them out of the books we were taught spanish with. We teach them how to bear there testimonies and how to pray. Easy stuff! It is way fun!
 
So Nick scores a 20 on his first ACT... Not bad! I do have to say, just because im the older brother, that my first ACT i went blind into, I scored a 21... Im just saying! ha ha nah nice job bud! With a little bit of studying you will do a whole lot better! After taking a couple of them, the become easier and you can find patterns within the test! The more you take the better! Nice job bud! O and to answer your question from your last letter about Sarah´s older sister, I cant remember if we hung out with her or not... If she was super tall and looked like Sarah, then yes! It was her sister!
 
So Dad is the new executive secretary? That is legit! ha ha Good luck! That is a lot of work! At BYU the executive secretary was like the worst job! ha ha I am sure you will do great though! That is a perfect callign for you! And Holly with a new calling as well??? Primary Secretary! How does she feel about her new calling? I know she will do great as well!
 
So ya all the American missionaries ini here are pretty bummed our Fourth of July wont be the same this year! Back in the states July 4th was never a huge deal to me, but now that we wont be having it we are all like what the heck! ha ha We are plannign on trying to do as many American things as we can, like the plege, national anthem, etc. They are planning on serving us hamburgers that night, but we have had them before and they are nothing like a good ole burger from the states! Its all good!
 
Thanks again for sending that package! and thanks again for figuring the music out for me! I really appriciate it! Mom really talked this package up so I hope it lives up to its expectations ha ha! Please tell grandma thank you for the package from me! Anerican candy goes for a high price here! ha ha even the teachers want it! I bargined off a couple of skittles for the lyrics to a song ha ha! The teachers here are awesome! We have so much fun!
 
So P day was kinda lame this week because we werent allowed to go into the city... I guess this weekend is Gay Pride Week of something ha ha. President didnt want our eyes seeing things ha ha. Unfortunately, we probably wont be able to go to the park eaither... Kind of a bummer! Its all good!
 
Well guys! I love you all! Thanks for all the support you give me! I know this gospel is true and I know this work is true! I have grown so much closer to the Savior  in these first 7 weeks and I havent even entered the field yet! I cant wait to see what is in store! I know it will be a lot of hard work, but Elder Holland said it best in a talk we watched yesterday. He said, "You think missionary work is hard? Now you have just barely scratched the surface of how the Savior felt! Maybe now you have realized what it feels liek to walk down a path you dont want to take! Maybe now you realize what it is like to drink from the bitter cup, and yet you dont even have to drink a teaspoon!" This hit me deep! This work is true! And I cant wait to bring the joy this gospel has brought to my life, to the people of Barcelona!
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment