Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th everyone!






Happy 4th everyone!
 
First off, Happy birthday to the greatest Mom on earth! Sorry I cant be there for it, but you will be in Powell so I dont feel bad! ha ha I hope its a good one! Eat a bite of cake for me! :)
 
So... Spain to has a 4th of July... They just dont celebrate with BBQs, Fireworks, and Parades! the whole day all the American missionaries here were singing as many patriotic songs about US as we could. We all wore Red, White, and Blue ties and drew "fireworks" on the board ha ha. It was really interesting because before my mission the 4th was never a huge deal to me, but now all of a sudden when there is no 4th of July I was liek what the heck! There were mixed reactions from the teachers here. Some played along with us and let us sing the hymns about America in the english hymn books and some were very strict! One of our teachers even got mad! She lectured us for like 30 minutes about how we live in Spain now and how we need to become Spanish and how we need to do this and that and blah blah blah... I agree with her to a point but im not going to forget im American! Lets be honest! ha ha She went to England on her mission. She was probably just disappointed that that Brits didnt win the Revelutionary War... Well, it sucks to suck!  Go America! Bottom line, Im proud to be an American and Im glad that I am able to say that I am from the United States of America! USA! USA! USA!
 
So being here for the Euro cup was awesome! The country literally watches the game together! When the game is going on, everyone opens there windows so when Spain gets close to scoring a goal and everyone groans, its like the whole counrty groans... its hard to explain, but you can almost like see the game without watching the game because you can hear everything that is going on ha ha. it was funny because all the natives in the MTC were dying they wanted to watch so bad! There was a TV across the street and they were all trying to use their zoom on their cameras to watch the game... It is in one of the videos I am going to send home. Its awesome look for the little tv in the video... That is what they were trying to watch ha ha.
 
I am bummed my letters havent been making it home... I will start sending them with more stamps on them. Sorry everyone! I didnt know if you all just didnt love me anymore or if they just werent making it home! ha ha just kidding! I know you all love me, well I dont know... I will have some time on the train on Tuesday so I will see if I can whip some out...
 
So I am super jealous that you guys are headed to Powell this week! The desktop photos on this computer are all of Lake Powell and every time one comes up I die inside! ha ha All is good though! make sure you guys email me some photos of the trip! I want to see your spot and set up and how nice the boat looks with all the boats and jet skies around it! Just send me a little piece of heaven! :)
 
I am way stoked to get to Barcelona but I am kinda nervious as well! Mainly just because I dont know what to expect and I still dont know Spanish! ha ha The whole time I have been in the MTC I have been like man get me out of here, but now that I am leaving I am like, Dont make me leave! haha
 
So I will explain these pictures really quick. There are two from the 4th of July, we are all wearing out USA gear! We were defiitely proud to be Americans! The other one is me holding my companions weed! ha ha Just kidding! It is some kind drink he and an Elder from Paraguay drink every night. He is from Argentina and I guess they drink it all the time in Argentina and Paraguay. It is called Maté?? I think. It just looks like weed (not that i know what weed looks like)  ha ha and the straw they drink it from looks like a bong (not that I know what this looks like either) so we give them both crap...
 
Well.. Thats all from Spain this week...I hope all is well back at home! I love all of you guys and pray for you guys everyday! I definitely feel your prayers for me! Thanks for all your support! I love you all!
 
Love Elder Carrigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment