Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beautiful Day

Hey everyone! It is 5:57 AM in the United States right now! I hope you are all waking up to a wonderful morning! It is a beautiful day in Madrid today! Blue Skys, partly cloudy with just a small breeze! Perfect!

So this week was pretty epic! Lots of studying but lots of fun as well! On Saturday we went to the park to try and place some Books of Mormon and get some referals. I didnt get any but the group ended up getting around 10. The park was definitely a humbling experience of how much more I still need to learn! There were some people where we walked up and said something, they responded, and we just turned around and said adios! ha ha some people speak so fast it is a joke! ha ha Im not worries though, the Spanisg will come! I did have an awesome experience though where we talked to an older man. We asked him if he believed in Jesus Christ and responded to something along the lines of, I do believe in Jesus Christ but he said it was too easy to say you have repented of all your sins and "be a good member" he said that he doesnt believe that anyone REALLY has faith. Everyone just goes along with it. I shared a couple of scriptures with him and bore my testimony and I know he was like dying on the inside, I just didnt know what else to say... Plus, I didnt understand too much haha. It was cool though! It was my first REAL experience teaching someone with the spirit rather than just one of my teachers. Overall it was a lot of fun. As we walked around the park, a couple people would see us and yell go Mitt Romney! ha ha or we had one guy that asked us how many women Mitt Romney had... I wanted so badly to say some outragous number, but I figured it probably wasnt the best idea! haha

Other than that, My week was fun of studying and teaching in the classroom! I am constantly tired! I dont know if it is still the time change or if this is just the feeling I am going to have to deal with for the next two years of my life ha ha. Probably both! We joke around here that the first thing you think as you wake up every mornign is "O man, I cant wait for bed tonight!" ha ha. Everyone tries hard to stay awake though because if you fall asleep, it is a known fact that another missionary is going to mess with you somehow! Its fun!

So thanks for the updates on things at home! Sounds like everyone is doing well... This week has kinda sucked because I havent got any mail, but it was nice to get on today and have so many emails from everyone! And I know Ty and Derek said they have sent me some mail so I think it will get here sometime this week! Hopefully... Im happy to hear about the NBA playoffs haha. We are so clueless! We have been wondering all week but are all afraid to ask the president, ha ha, so when we are out on the street and we see some members we ask if they have heard anything! Most havent but it is always worth a try!

As far as the language goes... Its coming... Im trying to learn conjugations right now. And in Spain the past is kinda hard because it is a little different! The food is a lot better here! Lots of fish, and I dont know why, but the lunch ladies always feed us just tons of French Fries! I think they think we all love them but there not that great! Most the food is pretty good though! Different but good! I did over react on the package a bit. They had just drilled us on not having a ton of food but it is fine! They didnt care at all! They just didnt want the food in our rooms! I just put it up in the cafeteria and everyone enjoyed it a lot! Thanks! Its was all really good!  Things are going well with my comp! It is still Elder Pearson, he is pretty chill and a great missionary! I swear the kid is always working! I try hard but there are sometimes when I just need a break! He never stops! I feel like we teach really well with eachother! He is pretty good at spanish and he can tell when I am struggling with the language during a lesson so he either helps me or fixes my mistakes, which I like.

So as far as Annie using my Blue Knights gear. She can wear whatever she wants EXCEPT my first jerseys, my last jerseys, and state championship shirts. The rest is fair game! Congrats again on making the team! have fun!

As for me! Im good! So far there isnt anythign I need! Everything I need, we can just walk to the stores that are close by and buy it! Its real easy! Thanks again for the love and support from everybody!

I miss and love you all!

Elder Carrigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment