Thursday, June 21, 2012

Que Tal Familia?

Que Tal Familia?

This week has been great! Today 13 new missionaries arrived to the MTC. 12 Elders and 1 Sister. Some of them speak a little english, but not enough to talk to them! They all laugh and laugh at our spannish and our gringo accents, but its all good! Its fun! I cant pronounce my new companion´s name let alone spell it but he is cool. He speaks a little english but he said he wasnt going to speak any to me to help me out! He is only going to help me with words I dont know! Hopefully my spanish improves! Out of all the new missionaries here, none are from Spain! All of them live in Spain, some for many years, but they never say they are from Spain. For example, my companion has lived in Spain for 10 years, but if you ask him where he is from, he will say, I live in Spain, but I am from Argentina. They are all this way! It is really interesting! I love them all already though! They are a solid group of missionaries! We had a meeting today to get to know everyone and it is amazing what these guys give up! I thought I was giving up a lot when I left, but then I hear there stories and it makes me look like I live a perfect life! It has really opened my eyes on how blessed mt life has been, and how I have taken the little things for granted! Some of these guys are the only members in there family and have been rejected! one talked about how a year ago he had an opportunity to fufill his life long dream and that same week the missionaries knocked on his door. His family refused to listen but he was baptised. He waited a year, gave up his family, and his so he could go on a mission! There testimonies were all amazing! Its was awesome!

I loved Dougs letter this week! I was laughing the whole time while I was reading it! I cant believe he is coming home soon! Two years goes by way fast! it definitely doesnt feel like it to me but Im sure it will start to feel like it is going way fast soon! I loved all the pictures! I am sure Aunt Wendy is really excited for him to come home! What are there plans? Is she going to go down there with Justin and pick him up?

Well, the rest of the week was the same as usual so I am glad you gave me all these questions! I will just answer all of them!

So first I will answer Mom´s questions!

What is the park like? How many missionaries go there? Do you like it?

I love the park! This week me and my comp got 3 references and passed out 10 Booksof Mormon! It is always the highlight of my week! It is bigger than central park and it seems like it is! There are always tons of people there and lots of tourists! We go every Saturday with all the missionaries so this week we will have close to 10 companionships going! People go and just chill, walk around, take yoga classes, there is a huge lake wear people ride little pattle boats! It is an awesome place and I love going! It is a little intimidating because the people there are hard to talk to! They all speak really fast and most the time use words I dont know. Sometimes they will go off for like 5 minutes of pure talking and I just sit there smile and say si! ha ha The name the park is Parque de Retiro. Maybe you guys can google earth it or something!

Now Dads,

So I have gotten both packages... The one with the DP came almost a week ago! I thought I said something in my last email but I guess not! The other one came today! Thanks! I just gave my shirts to president! He said they will go to good use!

So I like the picture Idea! I dont know if that would be hard or not... I love all the pictures you guys send! I need to go buy a little photo album or something so I can keep all of them! I would enjoy seeing videos! Maybe not too many... I dont know. I dont really have an oppinion on the subject!

The food is alright... Like a said before, lots of fish and lots of french fries or some kind of potatoes! Overall the food is pretty good! They tiy to feed us burgers every Wednesday but they suck! ha ha Nothing compared to the good ole USA!

So yes we play soccer everyday but not at the big field you see! There is a small park we go to where there is a futbolito court! The small court is just like two blocks North of the temple! Maybe you can find it on google earth. It will probably look like a mini stadium!

we havent been to the Prado, Maybe next week with our new companions... Not sure.

Yes I use the sheets I brought! ha ha

And I actually dont get Derek´s and ty´s emails! I would love it if you forwarded them to me! That would be great thanks!

O music I want...
So try to figure out why some of my songs end and random times... Its really weird! Also if you could add the following to my ipod
Kalai... He has some hymns that he sings that are on our Itunes...
More John Schmitt
There is a song on our Itunes called Prayer of the Children, I cant remember who sings it but I know its there!
Primary songs! (They are the JAM!)
And anything else you think would be cool! I am really enjoying just like chill piano music!

Lastly, could you send me the addresses of the following. If you can find them out... It might take some digging. Maybe nick can ask them from my facebook!
Aaron Stoddard
Natalee Christensen
Kenzie Maxfield

Thanks! I love all of you guys! Thanks for all the love and support you all give me! I love hear form all of you every week! Until Next week!
Elder Carrigan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment