Thursday, December 19, 2013

Crazy Baptism Moment

Hey Everyone!

So crazy week this week here in Lleida! We had our Christmas Zone Conference which went really well! We have been running around for the past two weeks to make this Christmas Zone conference special for everyone, and it ended up going really well! The food was a hit! We served Half of a chicken, Patatas Bravas (Typical Spainish Food), A really nice salad, followed up by some amazing sugar cookies!  I think it is the best I have ever eaten in a Zone Conference! haha It will definately be one to remember! 

We also had a baptism here in Lleida this week! Im not sure if you guys remember me writing about Lina and Angela awhile back. Elder Weiss and I contacted Lina on the street a couple of weeks ago! She is the Lady that reminds me of Rosy ODonald! haha Well she got baptized this week! It was great! Elder Weiss and his companion are still teaching Angela, but she will soon follow! :)

Well anyway, The baptismal service was a little nuts! I have never seen so much chaos in such little time! Elder Wright and I showed up to the church about an hour before the baptism was supossed to start and eveyone was running around everywhere! haha So we continue to walk toward the font, and there is Elder Weiss with the bishop. It turns out that the big gate white gate in front of the font wouldnt open. The remotes bateries had died. The bishop was sitting in front of the gate with a box of like 100 keys trying every single one to see which one would open the gate! haha So I finally asked them why they didnt just simply go to a watch shop and change the little battaries. Well they thought it was a good idea so Elder Weiss took of with a member. So then I look through the gate and realize that some of the water had drained and they would probably want more in the font... So we needed to turn the water heater on so we could finish filling the font with hot water... Only problem, Elder Weiss had the key to the water heater room in his pocket... Yeah, but then all of the sudden the church phone rings... I answer the phone and it ends up being some man from Canada asking if this was the mormon church. I said yes and he continued to explain to me that he was a member who had come here for vacation and ended up having an alergic reaction to something he ate! He told me that he was ok and everything was fine, but in all of this he had lost his wallet and needed to buy a train ticket to Madrid so he could catch his flight home the next day! haha I itold him that we were in the middle of a baptism and asked if maybe he could wait, He told me that if he didnt catch the train that left in an hour and a half, it would be impossible to make his flight... Well, so me and the bishop took of to pick this guy up from the hospital and take him to the train station while the others stayed behinding waiting for the key to open the gate.... 

Well, I guess the end of the story is this... . Elder Weiss showed up with the remote and the gate was opened! Lina got baptized, a little later than expected, but baptized! The man caught his train and we havent heard from him again, so I am assuming that he got home AND he gave me all his information in Canada and said I could Canada whenever I wanted! Road trip anyone??? haha

So thats the highlight for the week! Other than that it was a pretty average week! We knocked a lot of doors and are finding people! We find lots of potentials, but they all are so busy with the holiday season, that they always tell us they dont have time... We are going to hang in there and keep working hard! We know the Lord will bless us for our efforts! 

Well I love you all tons! Hope you all have a great week before Christmas!! 

Duces! 

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment