Monday, December 9, 2013

Andorra!

Bon Nadal a tots! (Catalan for Merry Christmas Everyone) 

So the Christmas season has started here in Lleida! This past week we set everything up in piso and now we are ready! It sounds like you guys set up the stuff at home as well. I hope my Caga Tio made it into the mix somewhere in all the decorating! haha Who knows, maybe he will poop you out some Catalan suprises this year! So with the Christmas spirit also came the cold this week! Lleida, is freezing! I am telling you. Its not the temperature but its the humidity! It kills me! Its insaine! Here in Lleida, it is foggy everyday! Like a San Fransisco Fog! Its pretty nuts. All the members have been telling us that it is the Lleida Fog that tells them every year when winter really starts, because once it comes. No one ever knows when it will go away! It is a pretty thick fog as well! Kinda creeping! As we were walking to church yesterday we litlerly were walking though a cloud! haha I will take some pics and send them next week! 

This week I did have the chance to go up to Andorra for an intercambio! It was actually a city just outside of Andorra called La Seu. It is a beautiful place! (See Pic) It was really green, BUT for the fist time in a year and a half, I saw snow!!!!!!! It was awesome! It was up in the mountains, but hey I saw it! :) The bus ride up there reminded me so much of home, up and down through the canyons. We passed by a beautiful lake as well! Iwas incredible, but freezing! haha I froze for 3 days up there. The Elders Heaters are broken so they have just these tiny radiators that do nothing! haha I froze for 3 days! haha I came home and drank one of those hot chocolates you sent me and then jumped in a hot shower! Best shower ever! haha But anyway, La Seu reminded me a lot of Park City. Just a small but beautiful city. The thought came to me while I was there, wow, the only thing I am missing is my snowboard! Would have been great but we had work to do! :)

Anyway, the work is going well here in Lleida. This week kinda threw us for a swing because it was the first real cold week. There werent as many people in the streets and so we have started knocking lots of doors again. knocking always brings such fun experiences, but is also a different type of missionary work, I feel. It takes jsut a bit of adjustung and a different mindset. I am sure we will be knocking lots of doors these next couple of weeks! :) Any suggestions? 

We have lots of potential investigators, like always, we are still just continuing the constant prosess of weeding out those who are going to progress and thore who arent. The hard part is now getting them to church due to the cold! Bottom linem the elect will come no matter how far or how cold. We are also working a lot with menos activo families. We are hoping that with the spirit of Christmas in the air we can use this to our advantage and get a couple families back into church. We are excited!

Well thats about it! Until next week!

Elder Carrigan

I was able to steal a pic from my comp of the fog! This is a better day…


No comments:

Post a Comment