Monday, August 5, 2013

Miracles!!!!!


Hey everyone!

It was another great week here in Barcelona! It seems like the Lord just keeps blessing and blessing us! This week we saw more miracles than I have ever seen in my life! My testimony has truly grwon this week in how the Lord really does still work miracles in these times! 

So first off! Claudio is getting baptized this week! Boom! I am super stoked! I wish I could send you a picture of this man! He is incredible! If you all remember, we met him about 2 weeks ago and I remember puttng the baptismal date with him, Right as I was putting it with him I kind of thought to myself, there is no way this man will be prepared in two weeks! Where in the world was my faith?? The gospel changes people! I am positive! Claudio has changed so much in two weeks and I know he is ready to be baptized! He went from die hard rock and roll to just an insainly spiritual man! I love this gospel! 

So we are busy planning his baptism.... Rocio also still has the goal of getting baptized this week! I have learned my lesson, and I have faith that she too will enter the water, but she told us on sunday that she would rather wait for her husband to get here so they can get baptized together... we told here that the temple should be there real goal and that he could be baptized in Peru and she could get baptized here and then they could enter the temple togehter when he got here, but she is convinced that her hhusband wont like the idea. We have a family home evening with them tonight and we are hoping that we can have the dad on skype with us, but we will see what happens. 

We also experienced a crazy miracle this week! So It was in the afternoon and we have been working on cleaning up our area book so we have been passing by lots of people. Well we were in one part of the city and we had planned to pass by some less active members, so we jumped on the metro to go to this house well on the Metro I had a really strong feeling that we shouldnt go visit this family, but that we should get off at another metro stop and continue passing by some of the records we had. So I told my companion and he said alright lets go! So we exited the Metro and we pulled out the map to see where this person lived, when my companion stopped and said, wait! We need to contact THAT lady! We went up and started talking to her. As we talked to her, her little boy pulled up on a scooter. We talked about the family and how the gospel can bless their lives. She than siad, well my husband is in our piso right now. I then asked her, o well can we go meet him! She accepted! We walked to their piso, and also met the father! It turns out the the father was baptized when he was a teenager and that he wants to return to the church. Him and his wife are happily MARRIED and have a wonderful 10 year old boy. We shared a lesson with them and have a return visit on Tuesday. I am super stoked and its all becuase both me and my companion followed the promting of the spirit. After is was all done, we both looked at eachother and were amazed with what just had happened! 

AND!!!! On Sunday, we were passing by some more records looking for old investigators. We knocked this door and no one answered. I sat down to look and the map again when a spanish lady walked by. All I said to her was hello and she stopped and looked at me and said, Do you happen to have a pamphlet that talks of God. Im having a rough day and maybe this could help. Well, we began talking to her and she started crying and explaining the things that had happened. We gave here the Book of Mormon and testified of it power and she LOVED it! She started explaining to us how she has always thought it was weird that there is proof that the Native Americans believed in God and yet there is no record of them and their relationship with God. Well... BOOM! Book of Mormon! We also have a return appointment with her this week! Honestly, the Lord is placing people in our path! It is incredible! 

Well, I am running out of time... I love you guys a ton and I know this work, this church is true! It really is run by Jesus Christ himself! Hope you guys have a wonderful week! 

Love 
E. Carrigan

P.S. Dad, stay away from the cherries... I recieved quite a few complaints! :) Loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment