Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lake Powell

Hey everyone! 

Hope you all are enjoying your trip in Lake Powell! Dad sent me some pics and I feel like I got my little piece of heaven just looking at them! I am glad you guys are having a good time! Luckily I have been able to stay focused this week and I havent thought of you guys too much! haha

Overall this week went well. It was a little tough... Maria, the girl from Peru that was really good dropped off of the face of the earth. I called her this week to confirm a visit and she told us that she cant visit with us anymore. I think its because he mom doesnt want anything to do with us. She is 21 so really she can do whatever she wants, but she lives here with her mom, so i am sure she plays a major part. We are going to continue trying to meet with her and maube we can talk to her a little more and help her with some of the doubts she has, but as for now, she doesnt want anything...

we also found out this week that there is a chance that Nikole might not get baptized this next week... She is super ready and he have taught her everything, or I guess I should say repassed everything because she already knew everything, but her mom doesnt want her to be baptized until the end of August... The worst part is the mom wont even talk to us so it is pointless. I am kinda bugged with the whole situation... We are praying hard and I knwo if the Lord wants it to happen, it will happen, but unfotunately people have this thing called agency that really bugs me! haha More than anything, I feel liek I am lossing my patience for a lot of people... Its either that or the heat is driving me crazy! Maybe its a little of both! haha 

Thsi past week we had an activity with all the youth which was really fun! They all came super early to the church and had a mission day. We ate breakfast, had personal study, companionship study, and then visited some families in the ward. We taught them how to teach the Plan of Salvation, and then they had to teach it to the families we visited. It was really fun and I think the youth also had a reallt good time! We are trying really hard to work with the bishopric and get a lot of the youth here out on missions! Almoth everyday we have a young man helping us. Wether its with a visit or just contacts, we take them with us and do splits all the time. Its really fun! 

We also have an activity today in the church. We are having a big sports day! One of the sister missionaries made a ton of mexican food and we told the youth that if they bring a friend, they can eat Mexican food!! haha We are just going to play a ton of sports! Of course I am going to teach them how to play scatterball! I just hope I dont hit a little girl in the face today!! haha Its going to be a fun day! 

Alright, Im out! Thanks for everything! Love you all! I am looking forward to all the pictures of Powell you are going to send me next week! :) 

Loves! 
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment