Monday, July 29, 2013

Transfers

Hey Everyone! 

So as you all know, transfers were this week, and I was expecting a transfer call, but the Lord wants me here in Barcelona a little bit longer! Im not complaining! :) Unfortunately Elder Arce is off to the Valencia zone so I will have a new companion. His name is Elder Feller. I have talked to him a couple of times, but dont know much about him. I do know that he is from Utah and went to Alta. From what I have heard and seen, he seems like a pretty cool kid and a great missionary. I am excited to work with him! Opening an area is always tough, and I feel like this next month or transfer we are going to see lots of miracles and lots of work here in Barcelona! 

The transfer was pretty nuts! You can tell that President in trying to prepare the mission for next transfer. We recieve 43 missionaries next transfer! Crazy! Because of this lots of people were moved around and put into areas where next transfer they can easily open a new area. They split the Barcelona Zone is half!! It is so fun to be in the mission right now just because seeing all the growth of the church and of the mission pumps me up! haha

As far as the work goes for us.. The week was filled with some ups and some downs. So Nikole was supposed to get baptized on Saturday but unfortunately she didnt... Thursday night we found out that she was sent to the hospital due to some issues... Please keep her in your prayers! I dont want to say this has turned out to be a good thing, but it kind of has. The young women in our ward are incredible! We called the young womens president as soon as we found out and on Sunday almost the of the young women in the ward went and visited her with signs, balloons, and everything! She loved it and felt really loved! Her mom also saw this and I think she is starting to open up a little bit now. Now she actually talks to us! :) Its a start. Hopefully she recovers well. When she is released from the hospital we will put another date. I know she she will be baptized and hopefully we can reactivate the whole family as well! 

We do have a new inestigator!!! Her name is Rocio. Both of her kids are members and her paretns as well! She is incredible and ready to get baptized! I guess not so long ago she wanted nothing to do with the church, but we invited the whole family to a family home evening with another family and it went extremely well. We talked to her, and at one part of the lesson she started explaining about how she didnt want anything with the church at one part in her life, and yet now she is at church every week. SO I asked her "Well why is it that you come to church now?" And she said it was because she felt good there. So I asked her."Well. what makes you feel so good at church?" She responded with the answer that I love! "Thats just it, I still dont know why I feel so good!" BOOM! We both testified about the Holy Ghost and how we can feel the Holy Ghost in places like chuch and FHE! The spirit was incredible! Not goign to lie! I love teaching by the spirit! It is incredible how much the spirit really helps me while we are teaching! We invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She is working to be baptized on the 10th of August! 

Then, we had a lady call us this week and said, Hello, My name is Maria and I would like to listen to the message you share.... It blew my mind! haha I was like... Um, Yeah, I think we can help you with that! We will try to fit you into our busy schedule! haha We have a lesson with her today at 4! Hopefully it goes well! If everything goes as planned, we will invite her to be baptized on the 10th as well! 

So thats about it for the week! :) It was a good week of missionary work! 

So to answer some of your questions! 

Dad you asked why it feels so hot. Yes it is really humid! You walk out the door and imidiately start sweating! Its one of those heats where by the end of the day you just feel nasty like you are sticky and smell... Plus we have been in the street LOTS the past couple weeks! Put me at the beach and I dont think it would be that bad, but just the fact that I am in the sun all day everyday, in a white shirt and tie, makes it that much worse! haha

As for the package that both of you talked about... Honestly, I cant think of anything that I need right now... As of right now I am good! I will probably need some white long sleeve shirts in the winter because I have given some of mine to converts and peopel that need them, but I am going to buy some european style shirts so I can come back looking real spaniard :) My pants have all ripped but they have been fixed by the members here! I have holes in my shoes, but they still are hanging in there! My ties are stained with food, sweat, and who knows what else, but I wouldnt want it any other way! :) All is well! If your going to send a package, I would love lots of photos, some letters from my brothers and sister and just some goodies maybe some Dr. Pepper or Mountain Dew Code Red, if its possible! We were talking about it the other day and I suddenly have a craving! haha  Other than that, all is well!! 

I am also trying to get a package off to you guys sometime soon with some things and lots of photos. The only problem is the computers we use dont let us plug in our cameras, so I need to find another computer... but im working on it! :) 

Well I am headed off to pick up Elder Feller from the train station! Love you all tons! Nick and Ryan, let me know how camp went! Annie, I want to hear about your tournament as well! Love you guys ton, and I pray for all of you everyday! Thanks for everything! 

Elder J. Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment