Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Keep On Truckin'


Hello everybody!
 
Hope everyone had a good week! Looks like you guys are getting hit crazy hard by all the snow! Thats crazy! I think it is just about as cold here! I have been freezing this past week! The cold is so different here! I dont like it! haha
 
I am glad you guys got my package with everything in it! So you didnt like the candies... I didnt like them at first either, but now I think they are pretty good! Interesting how that happens! Hopefully the photos work and you are able to see them all! Please let me know if you were able to see them all. I will be super disappointed if the virus kills them all! Im praying! haha Honestly I wish I could explain them all to you, but I guess we will just have to sit down for a couple of hours when I get home and I can explain everything! ENJOY!
 
Congrats to J. Mansell! That is so awesome! I think my dad already told you, but I have a really good friend serving there right now! I havent heard from him in awhile... It could mean 2 things... 1. He is absolutely loving life! or 2. He is dead from eating too much dog! haha No I am sure he is loving it! The mission is the greatest! One thing of advice, PREPARE!!!!! I remember my buddy started studying the language the day after he got his call. Dont wait until the MTC to start learning! I wish I would have studied Spanish before I entered! It will help A TON!
 
Well, as for this week... It was a tough week for us, I cant lie! being away in Hospitalet last week was a lot of fun, but it threw us off big time! We didnt have the opportunity to plan very well and it totally killed our area. So this week was filled with a lot of searching and finding new investigators in the cold! It was A LOT of fun! NOT! haha It was a long week, but we finally feel like we are on top of things again. We have found some future investigators and we are hoping they will be solid. Future investigators that we contact in the street are always scetching because they usually turn out to be the the ones who never answer the phone or who cancel on you in the very last minute... This week we are going to focus on working with the members and some less actives members, hopefully we will be able to recieve some references! Member references are always ten times better! Missionary work only is as good as the members! Without the members, the work goes no where! So we are trying to figure out some ideas on how to motivate the members here in Tarragona.
 
As far as my favorite thing that happened this week... Well... Like I said, we were contacting A LOT this week looking for people to teach. So OF COURSE I contacted some of my Nigerian Brothas!!! haha I try to talk to as many spanish people as I can, and then after recieving about 15 NOs from all of them, I contact a brotha to get my spirits up! haha Well anyway, I contacted this Nigerian man in the bus stop the other day, and we got talking about God and the purpose of life and all the good stuff. I asked him if we could come and and share a message with him, and he said of course! So then I asked him for his number and his name and he told me his name was Pastor John! haha Turns out he is a Pastor of a church here, so we started talking about that, and I told him he should come to our church one day, He said he would. Then he invited me to his church, I said well of course I will come and listen! Then he said, No, I want you to come and share your message with all the members of my congragation! haha So I am pumped! So this next Sunday I will be sharing the message of The Resturation of the Gospel to an entire congragation of Nigerians! And of course I am going to invite them all to be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood Authority of God! Im stoked! The other week when I wrote home about making an English Branch here, I was joking, but hey... I guess anything is possible right?? Haha
 
So anyway, that sabout it for the week... Nothing too special, just lots of searching and talking to everyone! it is actually pretty interesting to meet people from all over the world! Its sad to say, but Dad, you were right in your email to me this week... Our generation today is socially awkward. Never before did I like talking to people I didnt know, and it is definately something that needs to change in the world! Talking to people is lots of fun! :)
 
Well I love you guys tons and I hope you guys have a great week! You guys are the greatest family in the world! Love you all! :)
 
Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment