Monday, February 11, 2013

BANGKOK!!!!!!!



Hey Hey Hey!
 
I am stoked for Justin W. right now!!! Justin that is so sweet! haha I cant even believe it! So hook me up with the details. What do they speak there? Is that bad I am asking? Who is the Mission President? Do you wear normal missionary clothes or do you get to wear a skirt type thing... I dont know! Hook me up with some info! haha Well anyway, Congrats! Start preparing now! There is so much you can start doing that I wish I would have done! O man... Im just pumped! haha As soon as I read it, that 80s song came into my head. "One night in Bangkok, duh duh duh duh duh duh" Thats all I know haha! Thats awesome!
 
Also congrats to Justin Mansell for putting his Papers in! Thats sweet! Please keep me posted on that! Im going to throw out my guesses... In the states... Missouri (Is that how its spelled haha) Out of States... The Phillipines! Yeah Buddy! Im feeling good about those guesses! Keep me posted!
 
So this week was actually a little frustrating... Fifi lost her baptismal date because I guess she is sick or something and wasnt able to come to the lessons we had scheduled with her... Her friend told us this week that she is just feeling a little overwhelmed with all the church activities that are going on right now. Which we understand. She is going to seminary, church, and all the other activities, plus with school and tests, she is just a little stressed out and doesnt have too much time to talk to us right now. it is frustrating because I feel like our lessons should probably be first priority, but hey... thats life! haha So she wont be getting baptized this week, but I am possitive she will the the future. We are still looking for a way to find some time...
 
Milday... Is iffy as well. She told us on Saturday that she had a dream about her baptism and that she was dressed in white and Jesus was there and was very happy with what she was doing! I dont know what it is with my investigators and dreams... haha She has some dounts though, she is scared she wont be able to keep some of the commandments after baptism and for this has doubts about being baptized now... We told her to keep praying and that Heavenly Father had blessed her with an amazing answer. She now just needed to make the choice. Everything is in her hands now. We have a visit with her tonight, and when I last talked to her it sounded like she was going to be baptized! Im excited! Please keep praying!
 
So on Saturday we went with the ward and did a huge service project that was super fun! We went to a downsindrom home and painted the whole thing! It took us all day and we still have to go back next saturday to finish it, but it was a ton of fun! In the morning, the missionaries painted and worked and we did a ton of stuff, and then in the afternoon the young women and us put on a talent show for the residents of the home! We danced and did fun little skits! We had a blast doing it. The residents there were trying to hug us and kiss us. haha
 
Yesterday I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting. In spanish! Yeah Buddy! I was super nervious, but everyone said I did a good job. they could be lying... haha I gave it on a talk from General Conference about how to share the gospel in a normal and natural way. I thought it went pretty well... I get so nervious when I speak! haha Luckily this time I didnt call anyone a girl! haha Love you Nick!
 
And thats pretty much it for this past week... This week should be an awesome week! Elder Rios is my new Zone Leader, and we are going to have an intercambio this week! I am stoked! haha It will be a lot of fun! After that, we will be in Hospitalet for two days for a conference with President. We will be sleeping with the ZL. With Elder Rios! haha I am stoked! It should be a good spiritual recharge as well which I am excited for! Conferences just seem to pump you up!
 
So I am finally sending that package I have been talking about! I sent it off today so keep an eye out for it! Mom, I dont think I need the Wardells to bring me anything... Just if you have the small Preach My Gospel in spanish and the things I asked dad for...
 
Well, thats about it for this week! I love you guys tons! Hope you have a great week! Talk to you later!
 
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment