Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Definitely an Exciting Week!

Hey everyone!

This week was incredible! Had some great visits this week and we really worked super hard! In return we also had A TON of fun! That is what missionary work is all about right? It was probably the best week we have had here in Tarragona!

So to update you all on Jose and Carmen... This week we taught them the Resturation and it seemed like they accepted the principles pretty well. They have a really complicated schedule so it is hard to have a nice sit down visit with them, but we do what we can. This week was the first week we had the chance to sit down with the whole family and teach them together. It was really special. We still havent invited them to be baptised because of a few reasons... 1. Like I said it is hard to get a sit down visit with them 2. When we do have a sit down visit, it is hard to get the whole family together. and 3. Jose still has A LOT of doubts! Everytime we sit down to have a lesson with him he always asks one of those stupid questions and sometimes they are so funny! We are working with him though and I am possitive this will change really soon! It is already amazing how much he has changed. At first he didnt even want to talk to us, but now he loves us! Before he wouldl have people in his store and complete ignore us when we walk in, but now he could have the whole world in there and everytime we walk in he yells "CHICOS!" Its awesome! We are also spending a little time on Sundays teaching him english to gain his trust! He loves it! And I love teaching him! Its great! They have a lot of potential! Im really excited for them! Please keep praying for them!

We also had a suprise baptism here in Tarragona this week! It was a huge miriacle! She lives in the other Elders area but we all have been working with her a ton! She has been investigating the church forever, decided she wanted to get baptised, then there were problems with her mom not wating her to get baptised,  and finally (I think Thursday) called up the Elders and said, Hey I want to get baptised this Saturday AND My mom said it was OK! It was awesome! Definately a miracle from the Lord!

So like I said, We also played HARD this week haha! On Friday we had the opportunity to go back to Madrid to pick up my companions ID card. Elder Tyler (My last companion) and his new companion were also there for the same thing. We got there in the morning and didnt leave until the afternoon so the 4 of us had a great time in Madrid together! There are a ton of pictures I will send soon, but this Locotorio computers are getting filled with Viruses so I am scared to plug my camera in... I will find a way to throw them on a USB and send them off soon! They are so great! The street performers in Madrid are hilarious and they all know the Elders because all the CCM Elders are always there! So they all were calling us out! We had a lot of fun! One street performer was dressed as spiderman, but he is super over wieght! It is hilarious! We took a ton of photos with him! It was a lot of fun to go to Madrid and actually a lot of fun to be back with Elder Tyler! There is no doubt in my mind we would have had a blast together in Vitoria! Maybe even a little too much fun! haha

Then today for Pday we went on an incredible hike! One of the members here is a die hard climber! So he took us on this awesome hike in the "mountains" of Spain! haha It was a good hike, we went with all of the JAS and really had a blast! Took some lunch up there, chilled, it was good to get out! It definately didnt beat our man trip that we take every summer, but it was really fun! The whole time I kept thinking about out Timp trip... I swear Pdays just make me trunky haha! I have some good photos for this as well, but I will have to send them another time...

So that is about all I can think about this week... I am feeling like I am just finally getting settled here, and I have been here a transfer and a half... I also was talking to Elder Tyler about this coming transfer, He said he could definately see me getting transfered this transfer.Just a heads up... Transfer day is on the 18th of December so if anyone is planning on sending anything, I would send it well in advance just in case...

Well we just got a call from the ward secretary saying our church is flooding so... WERE OUT! haha Thanks!

Love you all!
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment