Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Searching...

Hey Everybody! 

Long week here in Lleida! We knocked, knocked, knocked some more, and then knocked just a little bit more! haha Lots of doors. We found a couple people, through our efforts this week but unfortunately they have kind of fallen out of the investigator pool already, but we keep our heads up! We know the Lord will bless us through our effort and our obedience. Not more you can do! One thing that is hard, but missionary work definately requires patience! haha But we have seen miracles! One of the many miracles I think we have seen this week is that every building that we have knocked, we have gotten in to the first door to actually be able to talk to the people face to face. To me this has been a huge miracle. To be honest, I think it is a sign from the Lord. All week I have just had the feeling that what we are doing is right and all though we werent seeing a whole bunch of success at the moment, it is what the Lord wants us doing. That it all will be worth it when that father of a family opens us the door and we are able to teach them the restored gospel. I know that they are there and we will find them! Just a little bit of patience, diligence, and obedience! 

Let me explain how we knock doors, because if you dont know then you wont understand the two stories below... Here in Spain there are giant appartment buildings. To get in to the door at street level you have to ring the "timbre" down below. Sometimes there is a camera on the timbre so the people upstairs can see the people below. (I like to put the nostrle of my nose right in front of the camera so when they answer they are looking up my nose! haha or sometimes down my ear lob. One of the two! haha) Anyway, the key is to get past the first door so you are able to actually knock one by one the doors in the building. If you just contact through the timbre, nothing ever happens. So usually we just ask them to open the door. Sometimes they do, sometimes its more complicated. Anyway, Here are some stories... :) Hope that made sense! 

Knocking doors also brought many funny stories! haha I love the face the people make when they open the door for us down below and then we go up the elevator. When we get there, their face goes from a huge smile to a Oh no! What have I done sort of look! haha Everytime I just start laughing and usually say something funny to make them laugh as well like, "Hey, Come on now! Im not THAT ugly!" haha or something along those lines! They usually are still just so confused! Its funny because in almost every building that says in huge letters, DONT OPEN THE DOOR FOR ANYONE, but everyone opens... haha Miracles! Miracles! 

There was one guy this week that refused to let us in the first door and then stayed over the phone so that he could tell the rest of his neighbors not to open the door. So we continued ringing the timbres, but no one answered because everything I said he would just talk over me. I asked him if he would please hang up, that we werent here to bother him or anyone just to share a message about God. He refused and was convinced to stop the work of the Lord. Well, we all know that the work of the Lord cant be stopped. So I had the great idea just to start teaching him through the timbre... haha He continued to tell me that he was going to call the cops and that he wasnt goign to hang up until we left so I told him if he wasnt going to leave I was just going to teach him and the cops that came! haha We started talking about God and sharing our message with him. Well, he finally gave up and hung up the phone, the cops never came, and we continued to knock the building! haha Maybe I was in the wrong on this one, but hey the days get a little long when you are knocking... Sometimes you just need a little something to spice things up! haha It was fun! 

Anyway, thats about it for the week! This week we will be doing lots of looking as well. We have some potential investigators as well so hopefully they come around. We have planned to visit some members as well. Hopefully we will see some fruit! :) I love you all! Thanks for your prayers! 

Love
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment