Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hey Everybody!

Hey Everybody! 

Thank you all so much for the Birthday wishes! You guys are all the best! The birthday was a pretty normal day! We didnt even have Preparation Day... Yesterday we had interviews with President Pace and so yesterday we worked and then today in our Preparation Day. Overall it was a pretty good day! Elder Wright and I spent the whole day knocking doors! haha We knocked about 300 doors yesterady! Lots of doors!!! haha but we also talked to a lot of great people! We continue to look for a family willing to listen to the restored gospel. The families I wrote about last week are still in the mix, but unfortinately there things are going too quick yet. We are calling and every once in awhile but they either havent answered or havent picked up. For this reason we knocked so many doors yesterday! we have just decided to start back up and find as many new people as we can. We headed like right up next to the church and just started going! This area is a great part of the city! Not too rich but definately not poor. I have a really good feeling about the area!  We are being blessed as well! Yesterday we found 2 Romanian families. We have a lesson with one tonight and then a lesson with one tomorrow! We will see how it goes! We also found a mom and daughter from the DR but I called today and the number didnt work... Either I wrote it down wrong or she lied.... We will pass by and find out! :) 

Last night a member invited us over to her house to eat for my birthday! It was really nice! We walked in and they had decorated the whole house with Balloons and birthday stuff. She made these HUGE hamburgers and also made a cake! They are a really great family! They ended up giving me some cologne and after shave haha It was awesome! And thats about it for my birthday! 

As for the rest of the week. It was pretty normal. Like I said, Lots of doors slammed in the face but also tons of laughing! haha Knocking doors has got to be one of my favorite things in the mission! You never know who is going to pop out from behind the door! haha I have also been practicing my Catalan with them! haha That has been fun! They pop out and see some american missionary want nothing and then BOOM he starts talking Catalan! Bona Tarda. Som missioners de lesglesia de jesucrist y compartim un mensatje de Deu. Creu en Deu? (Giid Evening, We are missionaries from the church of jesus christ and we share a message about God. Do you believe in God?) It blows there miind. haha They always respond in Catalan and then I just start speaking in spanish again. It has been fun practicing! It is kinda weird, but I actually can understand what they say in Catalan about 60 percent of the time! 

Well thats about it for the week! Love you all lots! Please keep praying for the family we need to find! I know they are here! I love you all lots! 

James

No comments:

Post a Comment