Monday, April 15, 2013

Semana Santa


Happy Easter Everyone!!!!
 
So I dont have much time this week, because today we had a meeting with President about everything that is going on in the mission! So my P day today is about an hour long...
 
So Easter was pretty good, but really really different! The Easter Bunny doesnt come here to Spain. In the States, Easter is really happy and joyfull with colorful, but here it is actually kind of a sad time! Easter here is a full week long and it is celebrated during Semana Santa or Holy Week. They focus a lot on the death and suffering of Christ here rather than the resurrection. In some places in Spain they act out the whole story of Christ suffering and I have heard from other missionaries that in some places they even crucify people... Obviously they dont let them die on the cross, but they nail them to the cross!!! Crazy!
 
But other than that, it was a great week! Right now we are working with 5 baptismal fetchas. They are all so great! Wish I had time to right about them! Sorry! Most of the fetchas are for the 20th and we are super excited because we know conference will help them all a ton! I am super stoked for conference and I cant wait to watch them! Conference is the best thing in the world! I am super stoked!
 
Well, I got to go! Wish I could write more, but I love you tons! Next week will be a good letter! Next P day we are headed to Camp Nou! The stadium where Barcelona plays! I am stoked!
 
Much Love
 
Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment