Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First MTC Email

Whats up everybody!

So first things first, Dad. One of the straps on my shoulder bag broke... Im not sure quite what to do. I can sew it but because of my poor sewing it probably will break again. dear elder me ASaP with a plan. I was thinking I could either send it home and you could send me one back before I leave or grandma could maybe get it from me... I dont know! Its not a very important thing but it is something I use and would like to get it fixed! I could always wait and get it fixed in spain. Its a simple fix!

Second, Mom. have you gotten the letter from the soccer boys? I havent got it yet and would love to read it! If you have gotten it, will you please send it to me! Thanks!

Next, thank you everybody for the packages and letters! Everyone here knows me as the kid who gets mail everyday! ha ha trust me, I deffinitely do not mind! I feel like because of the packages I have really experienced "The Underground" of the MTC! Its like you get a package and everyone has to see what you got and try to trade you ha ha! I have found that Dr. Pepper and riches bagels sell at a really high price! ha ha The Chips and Salsa were divine! Thank you Holly! And Grandma, thank you for the little gifts everyday! I really enjoy them, and so do the Elders in my district! :)

So it has been a week at the MTC and let me tell you the days are super long! Its a lot harder than what I thought it was going to be but also a lot of fun! I hate the food here but i guess it is just something I have to get over! I dont eat the breakfast because it scares me but usually I can find something for lunch and dinner that isnt too bad! I have seen a ton of my friends all of the place and that gives me a real boost everytime! It reminds me that I am here for a reason, and although its hard, my friends are around the world going through the exact same thing as me!

My family has already heard some about my compamnion and can fill you in a little... (I am sending another letter home today with more info!) He is from Ferth, Idaho. (No Idea where that is) So use your imagination... He is a farmer and very very shy! He was made Senior companion so its hard to acomplish things because he cant make up his mind, but I am trying my best! I dont want to just act like the senior comp becasue then he wouldnt learn to take charge for the future. I am really trying to break his shell so he will be an effective missionary. I will say though, everytime he comes out of it, he is a pretty awkward kid... he does this like funky side walk thing.... I dont know! Its hilarious! ha ha

So the language has been hard but I feel like for me only being here a week, I am pretty good! I know a little bit so I can understand lots and work my way through a conversatuion. We had our first lesson with an investigator and I did most of the talking. Im not sure if it was because I am a take charge kind of guy or if because my comp knows no spanish and wouldnt say anything even if he did... I am struggling to write lesson plans because I know what I want to do but he has something totally different in mind. i am pretty sure the Lord is trying to teach me to be patient!

It has been fun though! Yesterday we were teaching a lesson about baptism to our investigator and it was difficult because I didnt know too much vocab... I was trying to say how the last lession we talked about the restoration and blah blah blah then about how through baptism were can recieve a remission of our sins... well some of the vocab sounds very similar, Past is pesado. Sin is pecado. Little did I know, Fish is pescado! Ya you guessed it! I said in our fish lesson, and through baptism we can gain a remission of our fish... Ya, ha ha! all you can really do is laugh! There is no time to get down on yourself!

Well thats it for this week! I love you all and thank you so much for the love and support! I am trying to write you all back but just know it gets busy!

Love
Elder Carrigan!

P.S. Nick in his tux... STUD! Keep the girls off of you! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment