Thursday, May 31, 2012

Made it to Madrid

Hey Everybody!
So much to write in such little time! So this place is awesome! Basically, compared to the Provo MTC, this place is the celestial kingdom! haha. I love it here because it is more like home rather than a giant EFY camp or something. The food here is more like a catered meal rather than cafeteria food! Basically everythign is just nicer. I feel more comfortable here and I think this will make it easier for me to learn! The temple is like ten yards away from the front door! It is beautiful! We got to go today and the celestial room is absolutely beautiful! I literally had to squint walking into it because of of white and how bright it was!

So my companion is Elder Pearson for now. The El Salvador missionaries dont get here for another 3 weeks. I think the two that I saw were missionaries from the field just stopping by because I havent seen them since! Elder Pearson and I are having a good time together and I think we should make a good companionship. we both like to work hard and he is already pretty good at speaking the language so he can help me learn and correct me when I am wrong! The language is coming along.... People here speak so fast that I have no idea what is going on haha! One of our teachers daughters is staying in the MTC to act as the companion for the one hermana here. I try to talk to here a little bit but it is definitely a lot harder to talk to natives than it is to talk to my teacher in the MTC. Plus she laughs at me becuase I sound like an idiot and talk so slow... ha ha o well!  The Jet lag isnt too bad, I slept for most of the nigth last night and I havent been too tired today! I feel like I am adjusting pretty fast!

So yes the plane ride was great! Thanks! I owe you big time dad! I ate dinner and then I was out cold! It was funny because my eyes were all red and all the flight attendents were askign me all these questions and they kept telling me that my family would come visit me and I had to explain that you guys couldnt. I told them I could only email you once a week and skype home on Christmas and Mothers day. One of the flight attendents kept saying! O thats so mean! Your only just a boy! The rest of the flight they treated me like I was 5 years old! It was annoying but whatrever... It was great to see Dad though! Hard but definitely worth it!

So today we got to go to Madrid! It was so epic! We walked around everywhere! I took a lot of pictures so I will try to send them home soon! I just dont want to waste time trying to connect pictures! Sorry... We went to the Cathedral Santa Cruz and it was really interesting! It is right next to the King´s Palace so it was awesome! There is so much history in Europe and that is why I love it so much! It was really interesting though because we were talking about how the truths of the gospel are in some of the statues and pictures. Some things are directly related to the temple and its interesting to think about how much truth the Catholic church has, but it just has been corrupted by men! For example, there is a picture in the Cathidral displaying God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost all as seperate beings! YES, IN A CATHOLIC CATHIDRAL! It just built my testiomony a little bit and reminded me of how in a world where religion is so confusing, our church just make sense! Its crazy to me how some people cant see it! I guess its my job to try and portray that to them! :)

So moms package got here today but I havent opened it yet... At least you can count the days it took to get here!

Congrats to Annie for making the Blue Knights soccer team! Thats awesome sista! Well done!

Will you please post my new address on Facebook, I dont know if you have or not, but I would appritiate it! Thank you!

Other than that I dont have much to say... I know that on Saturday that we are going to the park and proselyting! That should interesting due to the fact that I DONT KNOW SPANISH!  ha ha o welll, As long as I rely on the spirit. I know everything will be ok! Well ladies and gents! Thats about it!

O and yes dad, My Pdays will always be on Thursdays while in the CCM. Next week for Pday we are plannign on going to the Real Madrid Stadium! Im stoked! It should be epic!

O and one question! That money that I took with me, do you think it is a good idea to transfer it to Euros? Maybe Dear Elder me the answer to this question! Thanks!

Well, I love you all! Hope everything is going well at home!

Love,
Elder Carrigan! 

1 comment:

  1. Since James' Pdays are now on Thursdays his letters will now be posted on Thursdays. Thx

    ReplyDelete