Monday, May 5, 2014

Elder Carrigan, Signing Out!

Hey Everyone!

Well, this is it... This will probably be the last email I send home from here in Barcelona, and I dont even know where to start! To begin to explain how I am feeling would be dificult and to explain how I have felt or what I have learned over these past two years would be impossible. 

These two years of my life are something to me that will never be replaced nor forgotten! The lessons I have learned, the memories made, and the people I have met will always be a constant reminder of what the Lord has shown me who I am and what I can become. Before my mission I thought I understood the gospel, and maybe I did, but I only understood it with my head. I only understood what the teachers taught me in church. I can now say that I understand the gospel with my heart. I know it works, I have seen it. I know its true, I have lived it!

And so I leave you all with my testimony. Simple yet strong.

I know God exists. He is there. He is our Heavenly Father who loves us and wants the best for each and every one of us.
I know Jesus Christ is the savior and redeemer of the world. He suffered for us so that we can become better each and every day.
I know the doctrine of Jesus Christ is true. That Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the Gift of Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End are essential steps on our path to eternal salvation. 
I know thanks to His wonderful atonement, ANYONE can change at ANY time. Anything is possible
I know that Joseph Smith was called to be the prophet of the restoration. He saw the Father and the Son. He was given the priesthood and restored the church of Jesus Christ.
I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The promises and blessings it contains are true. I know there is not a single man or woman on this earth that has read it, pondered it, and asked god with a sincere heart, that has not recieved an answer that it is true.
And last of all, I know this gospel blesses families! Families CAN be together forever, and that is the greatest blessing that God has given us! :)

I love you all! 
Que Dios Os Bendiga! 

Elder Carrigan

Now to go spend my last Preparation Day in Camp Nou! My heaven on earth! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment