Monday, May 5, 2014

Conference Weekend

Hey Everyone!

So first I must apologize for my April Fools joke! haha I sure did think it was funny though! My companion and I were both dying laughing while we were writing it and I think I probably won the best April fools day email contest we had in the zone! haha Any way, I hope I at least got a smile out of you! :)

So conference wsa incredible! Its always so great to listen to the inspired words of the prophets. This morning I was reviewing some of my notes that I took and I just kept thinking to myself about how blessed we really are that God has called prophets in these days. While many people feel like they are lost in this world, we can always feel guided and on track if we choose to act upon the words of the prophets. I dont know if I have a favorite yet, but I will say that I really enjoyed the prophets message about love and charity. Could you imagine a world with people who just slowed down and stopped for 2 seconds to listen to others and tried to help them with their problems. I guess being a missionary just helps you see another side of things and one of the things I have learned here is that the little acts of love really do make a difference in life. A handshake here, a hug there, a smile, a laugh, a simple thank you can change the whole day of a person, and more than anything, what the other person thinks about you. The world truly would be a different place if we all just looked out for eachother a little bit more.

Well, what more... The work is going well right night! We had interviews with President this week adn the only thing he told me was "Elder Carrigan, Finish like a man!" haha I am trying my best! We are working hard!

This coming Saturday, David will be getting baptized!!!! This week we were able to tie everything down and we are planning everything right now! We are really excited and we are glad that he is making such a great choice! He is really excited as well! He has changed a lot during this time we have been teaching him! It has been a great experience seeing a boy who, at first, said he didnt believe in God, change into a man with a growing testimony!

Edilenia had a set back this past week. She is recieving lots of pressure from her aunt and parents... We were calling her all week and she wasnt answering. Finally we asked the sisters if they could call and she how she was doing. She answered and talked with them. The next day was here birthday so we all made a cake and suprised her for her birthday. She came to an activity later that night in the church and we were able to talk. At least now she is willing to talk with us again. We will see what we can do to get her to start progressing agian. We owe the sisters! Without them, she would be gone!

We have some more investigators that are there, but they arent so commited. We are working hard to get them to keep their commitments, but there is only so much we can do... 

I guess another highlight of the week is Elder McMahon and I have started teaching the Zumba classes on Saturday mornings! haha Its pretty great! I will let your imagination do the work on this one! Yeah, our attendence is pretty high right now! Its pretty amazing some of the things you can do to get people coming to church! haha

Well, I love you all lots and hope you all have a great week! 

Loves!

Elder Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment