Monday, November 18, 2013

Zarragoza!

Hey Fam!
So this week was great! I was able to go on an intercambio with Elder Wiscombe in his area. I think I forgot to tell you that both Elder Wiscombe and Elder Garcia (The Elders I trained) are in our Zone. They are our District Leaders! haha It ahs been fun! So anyway, this week I went on an intercambio with Elder Wiscombe is Zaragoza! We had a great time and he is doing WORK! This past weekend he baptized a family of 4 and has 2 more baptismal dates for the end of this month! He is such a stud, I am really proud of him! He is working in a city named Zaragoza, which is a city that is outside of Catalunya. It was my first time out of Catalunya in a year and three months! haha Crazy! I found out that I have the habit of speaking some Catalan in my contacts because everytime I had to say goodbye to someone I said Adeu and they would always get mad at me! haha Such an intesting thing! It was good to be able to work with Elder Wiscombe again! We had a good time. They have an investigator that is trying to quit smoking and President Pace told us an interesting story of how some missionaries burned a package of cigarettes infront of the investigator and after they we done burning all that was left was ash and a bunch of tar. We thought that it could work. Im not going to say that President gave us permission, but I am also not going to say that he told us we couldnt do it... haha we tried burning a pack, but it didnt really work and it just made us smell like we had smoked a pack of cigarretes! haha Anyway, it was a story for the books!
But this past week we found a man named Paul Brown from Ghana! He is the man! We had a lesson with him and he accepted to be baptized on the 30th! He has talked to the missionaries before in Madrid. He told us that he has been here for awhile and he started wanting to go back to church. Well, the moment he started thinking about how he wanted to go back to church, we contacted him. Miracles! I love this work! The Lord truly does guide our footsteps! We are seeing him again this next week and I am really excited for him! He is super humble and super prepared!
Other than that, it continued to be a pretty average week. We are still cleaning out hthe area book and we are startign to work more with the ward list to see if we can find some less active part member families. Lleida has turned out to be a little harder of area than I thought it was going to be, but we are still ont he rise! We just need to make Lleida the area that we want it to be. As soon as we put our heads down, Satan won and we lost. We are working hard and I think my feet are going to fall off! haha Naw just joking!
Dad, I got the small package you sent me with my card and the treats! It got here really fast! I wasnt expecting it that fast! Thank you so much! I dont know if it is activated or if you were waitign for me to tell you I got it. If you were waiting, well you can activate it now. :) The big sales are coming up and its the last sale that I will be in Spain for. I plan to buy myself a couple of Christmas and Birthday gifts! ;) All I can tell you all is that I will be looking fly! haha
Well I love you all lots! Hope you have a good week!
Love James

No comments:

Post a Comment